Florida
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the wealth of knowledge and info that this site offers. If this has been answered already I apologize. I am a brand new pool owner, install was just finished. My skimmer has the built in tri chlor container and the builder started me off with some pucks. From the research I'm doing on this site you guys advise to just buy / use liquid chlorine. How do I know how much to add. I am using the pool math calculator. Thanks!

How do I know how much to add. I am using the pool math calculator.
Welcome! :wave: Yes, liquid chlorine (aka regular bleach) tends to be best as it won't incease your CYA like tabs/pucks do over time. We use the PoolMath tool (or APP) and enter our current FC and desired target number. Also make sure to update what percentage the bleach is as well, then the tool will give you a dosage amount.

To know what your target should be means you need to know your current CYA level. Then look at the FC/CYA Levels. Hope that helps.

Reactions: Bonzo828
Can you take a picture of the built in tri chlorine container, I'm curious what one looks like? Generally, you don't want to put pucks in the skimmer because the concentration of chlorine get extremely high when the pump is off. This high level of chlorine could damage equipment over a period of time.

Take it from someone that ended up with sky-high CYA due to puck usage. Avoid them like the plague. They should ONLY be used if you go out of town and can't add LC regularly for a several days.

And this year my pool and water are so much better follwing TFP protocols! I really do have a "trouble-free pool"!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.