New pool &spa -Disappointed in Spa

@proavia @jimbethesda @ajw22
Sounds like I will be upgrading the pump to Pentair Inteliflow. Is 2" piping going to be ok to handle the pressure from it?

Schedule 40 PVC pipe is rated for over 300 PSI pressure. A pool pump cannot create that much pressure. The pipe is not your weak link.

You need to change your sand filter and MPV which limit you to 60 gpm. The IntelliFlo VSF pump can do over 100 gpm if unrestricted.

Reactions: Firelt and proavia
have you backwashed your filter? i usually see lower flow in my returns when its dirty.. and by the looks of the pool theres some dirt in there . also make sure skimmer is clear so you are getting optimal flow rates

I have an in-ground spa with my fiberglass pool and I have 4 jets, 1 return and we get plenty of pressure and flow and we don't even use the air blower that much. We have cartridge filter and 2.7hp VSP as per our signature and the spa is great so the suggestions above about cartridge filter and high HP VSP pump should do the trick. It wont' be the same as a standalone spa but I don't think you will be disappointed to the extent of what you have now. I think it will be night and day! I will upload a video tomorrow to give you an idea of what it looks like for us.

have you backwashed your filter? i usually see lower flow in my returns when its dirty.. and by the looks of the pool theres some dirt in there . also make sure skimmer is clear so you are getting optimal flow rates
I will be doing that tomorrow, but I don’t think that’s an issue. The filter is brand new. However, it got dirty today during the cleaning of the pool. So, will be backwashing tomorrow.

I have an in-ground spa with my fiberglass pool and I have 4 jets, 1 return and we get plenty of pressure and flow and we don't even use the air blower that much. We have cartridge filter and 2.7hp VSP as per our signature and the spa is great so the suggestions above about cartridge filter and high HP VSP pump should do the trick. It wont' be the same as a standalone spa but I don't think you will be disappointed to the extent of what you have now. I think it will be night and day! I will upload a video tomorrow to give you an idea of what it looks like for us.
Thanks! Would love to see the video.

That sand filter is going to totally limit your flow. If you cannot do a separate jet pump (I can't either--no extra lines on a 30 year old pool/spa), then consider a bypass of the filter and heater to get more flow to the spa.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.