New pool/spa build in North Texas Updated: PICS

I don't mean to stress you out because I have no experience ...maybe they can run the flat tamper over it and lever it out? Hopefully someone here will be able to give you some actual feedback that knows what they are talking about. The good thing is....since it is only set in sand it can be re-done if needed!!

bhargraves, my DH and I DIYed a paver patio years ago. It was not travertine, but stamped/formed concrete material. Our end result looked much worse than yours, and we'd started with a perfectly level, plate-compacted sand base. Turns out the pavers were not a consistent thickness. I have read that inconsistent thickness is a consideration for natural slate floor tiles so perhaps the same goes for travertine? Just a thought! Installation can be repaired I'd bet. Hopefully a more experienced crew will be assigned - each stone may need to be hand set and leveled (like we did to redo our patio).

Thanks MiaOKC. I actually put in a Pavestone patio at our last house. I used the same technique as they did here ... gravel base, compact, sand, and then pavers. I used a 2x4 to level the sand. It turned out pretty level. We'll see how not looks tomorrow. For all I know, they may still need to come back to compact it.

Thanks Turbo. I can't wait to finish this project. We've built a house and 2 pools now, and it is stressful every time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The good news is that it can easily be fixed. Ask them to use a tamper to settle the pavers, if there is still a problem they can remove the pavers and add sand then reset. The area around the skimmer has to be redone. Based on the pictures, they need to fix this. This is not normal. I am having 3,000 sq. ft. of travertine being installed right now and they are about 80% done and I don't have the unevenness that you show

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
a9ubymup.jpg

Just received 5 gallons of stone tech professional salt water resistant sealer. I will be sealing all of the stonework and travertine decking this weekend.

Other than that, builder has been closing out punch list items over the past week with 2 more to go.

Landscaping will start in 2 weeks.

Looking forward to closing the books. More pics coming soon

eqenateg.jpg

9erupara.jpg

Couple of sunny panoramic shots. You can really see the brilliant turquoise color put off by the stonescapes tropics blue. Water chemistry is perfect.

Trees are in and landscaping continues on Monday

The pool water color looks great! I really enjoyed following your build. I am putting in our landscape......I forgot how much work it is. Anyway, can I ask where you guys got your planter bowls that sit above the 4 scuppers? We haven't found any yet.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.