Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Hey folks,

I posted a little while back about the pool design. Kim had some good points so we finalized our design and it's basically a big rectangle. We want minimal decking. Looks like the company we are interested in uses Jandy. Below is the quote. Please provide your feed back. The pool is 16x32 and the stairs are 8x6. We are not going to do the stepped stones. The decking will extend from the existing patio under the room and go straight to the pool. All the squared steps are going to be removed and only have grass there. The climb out in the deep end is going to be moved to the other side as well.

All feed back is welcome. This is our first pool and we are quite excited.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2aa6.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2aa2.jpg
Standard Features
Supply all building permits
Hydraulics engineering per code
Pool construction structural engineering
Electrical bonding
Bond beam construction
Pre-plumbed for Pool Cleaner
Dual Main Drains with Anti Vortex Safety Covers
6” Custom Waterline Tile
Pool Start-Up, Water Balance
Comprehensive Pool School Instruction
Premium Grade Maintenance Kit
Dewatering of hole up to 5 yards of rock (well point not included)
Standard electrical pool wiring hookup
Grading and cleanup
Rain damage insurance during construction phases
Provide labor, materials, and supervision to the above supplied plans
Provide all workers compensation and general liability insurance
Perform all work in a professional and workmanlike manner

Main Pool
Bond beam gunite pool construction
6” Pool shell gunite throughout per code
12”x12” OC steel throughout pool
Depth 3.5’ x 7’
1 Bench
1 Set of Steps
Plumbing fixtures from 2.5” – 3” in size per hydraulics engineering
Provide, install, and electrify the following equipment:
POOL/SPA EQUIPMENT
1 Jandy VS Plus 2.7 Pump for pool circulation
iAqualink phone control
1 Jandy CS200 cartridge filtration system for pool/spa circulation
1 Jandy TRUCLEAR11k Salt System
3 Jandy JLU4C24W100 LED Color pool light
Remote Light Control
All Jandy Never Lube Valves
Decking/Coping
Acrylic concrete Pool Deck
Acrylic top lanai
Acrylic concrete cantilever coping
Finish Materials

Tile:
Level 1
Pebble Finish:
Level 4
Acrylic:
Level 1
Safety/Screen
140’ Child Fence
Pool Alarm
Poolguard Brand - PGRM-2 In-Ground Pool Alarm
30 Days pool maintenance included

WARRANTY
Jandy equipment – 3-year warranty parts & labor
6x6 tile – 2-year warranty
Pebble interior finish – Lifetime manufacturer limited warranty
Gunite shell – lifetime warranty
Underground plumbing – lifetime warranty
Full 1-year warranty on complete project
TOTAL $48,000.00

The decking will extend from the existing patio under the room and go straight to the pool. All the squared steps are going to be removed and only have grass there.
I like modern, simple designs like this, but I don't quite understand your quote above. You want to extend the decking, but only have grass? Are you talking the entire patio or just the part leading to the pool steps?

The pool looks great, my only concern is the grass on the far side getting into the pool with mowing. That can be a huge problem, especially if you fertilize. We normally encourage folks to put at least 3' of deck around the pool.

I'd not bother to have the pool pre-plummed for a cleaner as that debris will all end up in your filter. A far better cleaner, and one that also helps brush your walls is to get a robot instead. All you need is an outlet near the pool equipment or tucked in landscaping.
Look at the residential cleaners at www.maytronics.com

Maddie

Dual Main Drains with Anti Vortex Safety Covers
See if he will use these instead:
Channel Pebble Top Drain Covers — Color Match Pool Fittings Look wonderful and work better than the standard drains.

6” Custom Waterline Tile
Any ideas of which one you like yet?

Premium Grade Maintenance Kit
ask for more details

Poolguard Brand - PGRM-2 In-Ground Pool Alarm
You will come to hate this thing............if there is the slightest breeze it will go off :( What I like better is something like a driveway alarm. If something breaks the beam it goes off at the house.

I am going to call in someone to look over your equipment list and give their input. That is my weak place. @Jimrahbe input please sir!

Looks like your salt cell will support up to a 35K gallon pool. I can't tell how many gallons your pool will hold for sure, but we always recommend a SWCG that is 2 x the volume of the pool.

I am assuming that you are not getting a full up automation system, but with the iAqualink phone app, you should be able to control your pump and SWCG.. I would think the light also, but I did not see that in my quick look at the Jandy manual, so I would follow up to make sure.

I can't understand what is behind the deal in Florida where they think that smaller filters are better... :scratch: Personally I would want the biggest filter I could afford. The bigger the filter, the less you will have to clean it.

The 2.7 HP VS pump should work just fine.

I can almost guarantee that the "Premium" maintenance kit will be junk... :)

Thanks,

Jim R.

@YippeeSkippy I have that concern too of the grass getting into the pool We mow with the bag on the mower but I know that still has a lot that gets away from the mower. Edging it is a concern too. We love the look with zero decking and really want that in our backyard. We've briefly considered turf but it seems pretty expensive. We are definitely planning to buy and use a robot.

@kimkats Those covers are pretty neat! We will be asking about them tomorrow. No, there are a lot of choices and we are not close to deciding yet. I figure the supplied kit is not worth much. We will buy our own kit. All the pool companies we talked to offer that same alarm. I need to find out more details and see if there is anything better out there. We are paying for a baby fence to go all the way around the pool.

@Jimrahbe the SWCG is more than 2X our pool. Our pool is going to be roughly 15,500 gal. I am not 100% decided on full automation yet. To be honest I haven't done my homework on those systems to understand the benefits. One builder we went to includes a fully automated Pentair One Touch system but they were $8000 more than the other builders. I need to find out if it's worth the extra money or not. I just need to put in my time to research it and it's benefits. I asked about the filter and they said it was rated up to a 750 sqft pool and they only use two if there is an infinity edge or second pool to clean.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I will be posting the second quote we got shortly. One is Jandy (the one posted above) and the next one is a Pentair system.

Here is the other quote I mentioned. Shape and everything is the same as above. The only difference as far as the characteristics of the pool is this pool will only be 6' deep. This builder wants $2000 to go another ft. That is considerably more than the other builders wanted.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2ae6.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2ae7.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2ae8.jpg

The kid safe fence will be a great tool to help keep them out. Good job getting that!

The wireless driveway system will be a great back up if/when they get through the fence. There are quite a few out there. I will let you look at the different ones. I found a LOT on amazon!

filters-you don't have to get two. You get one that is bigger and call it good!

Kim:kim:

Great design! The only thing I would consider is changing your first step into more of a ledge. You have a lot of space in front of your steps that you could use. Sounds like you have little ones and a tanning ledge would be awesome.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
@kimkats Thanks. We have two kids and there are several in the neighborhood. HOA says we have to have a 4ft aluminum picket fence. So everyone will see the pool. I couldn't bare the thought of someone's baby getting hurt or worse in our pool. Just not worth the risk.

@Tenamarie123 The builders wanted us to do a larger first step as well but we feel like it is a waste of space. from the steps to the end of the pool straight across is 18'. They are both tall enough to use that shallow area to play.

What is everyone's experience with tanning ledges? Anyone regret having one? Does anyone regret not having them? Like I said, our kids are tall enough to play in the shallow end and that shallow end is decent size (8x17ish - not counting stairs).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.