New Pool - Questions on Equipment choices

AK13

Gold Supporter
Apr 21, 2019
NJ
Hello,
Been lurking for the last week and have gleaned a lot of valuable information that has come to use as I speak with Pool Builders about a new 38 x 18 gunite pool with 7x7 spa. I am a pool novice and am listing equipment as provided in 2 quotes received:
1) 400K Pentair Mastertemp Heater
2) 2 HP WhisperFlo XF Pump for Pool and 2 HP Whisperflo pump for SPA; FNS 60 De Filter with Valve
3) Polaris 360 with Booster pump for cleaning
4) Schedule 40 PVC pipe, 2 skimmers 2" suction lines, 4 anti-entrapment drains with 3 suction lines, 3 wall returns with 2" suction lines, 2 relief valves
5) Cover start auto-covers with concrete box
6) Intellicenter automation, IntelliChlor chlorine generator, and Intellibrite 5G LED

I am not a very handy person and want to design a low daily maintenance and easy to operate pool with the pool company providing periodic maintenance service. Based on this, do you think the above choices are adequate or are other other upgrades available in the market?

thanks in advance!

Welcome AK,

How many gallons in the pool?

What model Intellichlor cell? IC??

Folks will tell you to get a robot cleaner. I happen to like a pressure cleaner. Today I would get the Polaris Quattro Sport pressure cleaner instead of the 360.

A large cartridge filter can be less maintenance then a DE filter. Or get the Quad DE filter.

Get the Intelliflo VS pump 011018 or 011028 instead of the 2speed Whisperflo pump.

Reactions: AK13
Thanks you for the tips, @ajw22. I should have mentioned it is a 3ft-5ft pool - should be around 22000 gallons. The quote does not specify the model but says "IntelliChlor Chlorine Generator with salt"

For a 22K pool you need at least an IC40 and an IC60 would be better. An IC60 will generate more chlorine in its useful life and last longer. Pentair has Intellicenter bundles with the IC40 or IC60.

Reactions: AK13
Wondering if anyone has comments on the plumbing piece
"Schedule 40 PVC pipe, 2 skimmers 2" suction lines, 4 anti-entrapment drains with 3 suction lines, 3 wall returns with 2" suction lines, 2 relief valves "

Reading online, it seems 3" main line pipes would be more efficient with the Intelliflo.

thanks!

2” pipes are more then what you need. You will be running the VS pump at low RPMs and flow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.