New pool question

Shaboyagan

Jun 12, 2021
Nashville, GA
Last June we had a Marcite pool installed. I have mostly maintained the chemicals using troublefreepool. I live in the deep south and throughout the winter I have just added one 2.5 gallon jug of liquid chlorine per week. The pool has stayed clear and beautiful.

I get my chemicals liquid chlorine thru the store that installed my pool and on my last couple trips in buy the chlorine the owner has said “you need to bring me a sample of your water. You can’t just keep adding chlorine. The first year of your pool is the most critical and doing that will mess up the marcite. The owner said, I know you are testing at home but the one test you can’t run is calcium and if you start getting scale there is no fixing it or going back.”

I suspect there is a certain desire to sell chemicals which I can understand but is there also truth to this?

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

full

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.