Under water Hydrazzo repair

Neal

Jul 11, 2012
SW Michigan
I have a 20 year old concrete pool that was originally finished with marcite. After 15 years the marcite was becoming rough and thin in spots. I had the marcite removed and the pool re-coated with hydrazzo. Recently I noticed a small spot in the bottom of the shallow end (about the diameter of a golf ball) that needs re-coated. I have no desire to drain the pool. Is there an underwater patch or coating to address this small spot? Thanks, Neal

I have a 20 year old concrete pool that was originally finished with marcite. After 15 years the marcite was becoming rough and thin in spots. I had the marcite removed and the pool re-coated with hydrazzo. Recently I noticed a small spot in the bottom of the shallow end (about the diameter of a golf ball) that needs re-coated. I have no desire to drain the pool. Is there an underwater patch or coating to address this small spot? Thanks, Neal
They make some epoxy products that will harden under water, but they are temporary. Best advice is to drain and repair as those can be like rust in an old car or an ice berg. There’s the spot you see and then there’s the much bigger spot you can’t see.

If water can start wicking under the coating from the damaged area, it can compromise more and more over time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.