New pool quartzscape pool finish problems

Unfortunately I chose NPT quartzscape Aruba Blue. This is what it looks like after 2 years it started discoloring and blotchy almost immediately. the steps are now blacked white and very rough, the color was supposed to be blue, as you can see in the pictures it is a grayish color and completely blotchy. I would recommend never to buy an add on NPT Quartscaqpe product. I now have to live with it for a long time.:(

IMG_3852 2.jpg IMG_3854 2.jpg

Unfortunately I chose NPT quartzscape Aruba Blue. This is what it looks like after 2 years it started discoloring and blotchy almost immediately. the steps are now blacked white and very rough, the color was supposed to be blue, as you can see in the pictures it is a grayish color and completely blotchy. I would recommend never to buy an add on NPT Quartscaqpe product. I now have to live with it for a long time.:(

View attachment 82375 View attachment 82376

Welcome to TFP. Read my story here -> Replastering a Pool - A 1 Year Saga - Problems Lessons Learned

Acid wash, drain, and polishing will probably get yours better, but not perfect.

It seems to be a roll of the dice with some finishes.

I have the quartzscape pool plaster also, barbados blue. Our pool was finished last Sept and the uneveness in the color has been dissappointing seeing we paid a lot for it. They did acid washes several times after it was filled with water. One thing that Im very unhappy with is the roughness in many places, like the plaster was washed away leaving the quartz at the surface. Im still complaining to the builder but they havent done anything yet. What can they they do with the rough areas?

im
in the same boat im
so angry it looks horriable all the streaks and discoloration and unevenness I’m trying to see who’s at fault

Man I wish I read all this I would done pebble I got npt midnight blue and I’m in the same
boat all streaks and stains and discoloration im is yoset npt should explained that this is bad product of pros and cons for it im
gone report them to bbb and open a case to get money back builder not help his like your at fault I told you use pebble but it’s stupid when a company offers options and they can’t back it up we have to take the bullet for all the money we spend. You go to a car dealer they’re is so many version of a car model so if you like one version and they offer multiple and your version sucks it’s your fault lol it’s thetr fault they need eain better to pull the product off the shelf. You go get ford desler
as for mustang and you have mustang cobra and saleen ans rousb model and you like saleen and it breaks down and they say right luck it’s their problem. Why do we have to eat it up

Man I wish I read all this I would done pebble I got npt midnight blue and I’m in the same
boat all streaks and stains and discoloration im is yoset npt should explained that this is bad product of pros and cons for it im
gone report them to bbb and open a case to get money back builder not help his like your at fault I told you use pebble but it’s stupid when a company offers options and they can’t back it up we have to take the bullet for all the money we spend. You go to a car dealer they’re is so many version of a car model so if you like one version and they offer multiple and your version sucks it’s your fault lol it’s thetr fault they need eain better to pull the product off the shelf. You go get ford desler
as for mustang and you have mustang cobra and saleen ans rousb model and you like saleen and it breaks down and they say right luck it’s their problem. Why do we have to eat it up

I just started reading these threads as I am having quartzscape install in my pool and would offer that my PB said not to choose a colored wuartzscape because the colors fade over time and don’t install uniform all the time. Since the plaster has pigment in it and comes down to mixing and ratio of additives by batch. He said to use a gray or dark colored wuartzscape because the plastered doesn’t have added pigment.

This is what my builder told me with my quartz (diamond brite). Stick with white to grey base. Let the quartz colors give it the color water u want. Grant it u can’t getcthose deep deep blues. I will say my super blue is I fell a good job. Ya few blotches here and there if u stare but overall streak free and even. Now my builder also did a blue based quartz this summer. I think it looks horrible. He does also. He is trying to deal with it but the pool needed to be closed for winter. Will be interesting what spring brings. I tried to help him to make sure the levels were spot on when he closed and we kept it open as long as possible to let it cure more and get the ph somewhat in check but it already is looking sketchy.

I am having issue also with my 8 months old quartz pool finish. It is changing for the worse. Dark spots, bright blue spots, I actually can see bootprints on the bottom. Not looking good at all.
I know this is an old post, but I am having the same issues 2 years later. Dark blue spots are appearing in many places. Just checking to see if your problem with the spots was ever solved.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.