New pool-- ??? pump problem

cteal

Bronze Supporter
Jun 25, 2017
Birmingham, AL
Hey guys!

We have the pool filled with water (finally) and trying to turn on the pump/filter and getting everything going. Well, our filter psi is only 3 and the wall jets do not have the pressure that I thought they would. I don't see how it could circulate the pool with that little coming out. We were careful when plumbing to use as little fittings as possible and only used sweep elbows. Even when just the wall jets are on, there is not a lot of water flow coming into the pool. I have read where each pool has their own "normal" PSI but around 10psi is what is so called "normal".

Of note... we miscalculated the sand amt that we put in. For some reason we were thinking they were 40lb bags but they were 50. We put in 500 lbs of sand instead of 400. Do you think that has any bearings on this issue? Should we remove the extra sand?

I am going to buy a new pressure guage in just a minute and will try backwashing. Any other thoughts?

c,

When I run my pump at 1200 rpm my filter pressure is about 2 or 3 lbs.. My water circulates just fine...

As Pat says above.... I suspect your pump is simply set to low speed... This is exactly what you want to generate chlorine with your SWCG..

Thanks,

Jim R.

- - - Updated - - -

The 10 to 20 "normal" PSI reading is with a single speed pump...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.