New pool placement

I passed the inspection. I will find out Tomorrow what day we close this week. I am soooooo ready! I haven't felt comfortable since the morning before the fire. I just want to relax n take it a break (after I paint the whole house!)! That's why I'm not putting the pool up this year. I just don't think all the stress of a building inspector will be worth it so late in the summer. So... I'm not dealing with it. Thank you all so much again. I'll keep you all updated.

So glad to hear that you passed inspection-I know it must be a huge relief!! But I'm curious-why isn't the seller doing the work to bring the house to code?
I'm in too deep with this and I needed it done n done NOW so we footed the bill n did the work. Plus the Mrs is a YOU KNOW WHAT!

Last edited:
From the sounds of it you didn’t want the seller doing a thing. If you would have been re-doing it all anyway, might as well do it right from the start.

Reactions: Casey
Just viewed the new Appraisal and we lost a little over $2k from converting the garage back into a basement. I am very pleased with this because I won't have to bring money to the table at signing. I was afraid I'd lose more. I'm very thankful and grateful to my son n nephew for a job well done! We should be closing on Thursday or Friday. Lender is looking at Thursday... hopefully! I'm so excited to go HOME! I'm so grateful to all of you and I can not thank you guys enough for being here for me and Jimmy.

Are the current owners supposed to be out of the house by a certain date or is it empty? We bought a house (where my inground pool was!) where the people were supposed to be out by Nov 9... it was Thanksgiving Week before they finally left! At least they cleaned it up before they left.

Are the current owners supposed to be out of the house by a certain date or is it empty? We bought a house (where my inground pool was!) where the people were supposed to be out by Nov 9... it was Thanksgiving Week before they finally left! At least they cleaned it up before they left.

Ugh, I though it was bad when I had to wait 8 hours for them to clear out of mine.

I bought this house short sale as a result of a messy divorce (husband would not sign anything, wife had to get power of attorney, documents went missing, both decided that since they were getting divorced why pay the mortgage, etc). They were supposed to be out the morning of the closing, but the husband still had stuff here. He loaded it in a shipping container (not a pod, a shipping container) and then tried to have a flatbed tow truck pick it up. That busted the winch on the flatbed. Later he came back with a roll off container truck and somehow they got it on there and secured it (not my problem). He still left a load of stuff here: some good - like a home gym, some not so good - such as 4 lawn tractors in various states of completeness.

She should have all of her stuff out by now. When I was there last week, the house looked barer than when we initially viewed it. I'm hoping to close on Thursday. I'm praying! We are in the final stages. I'm sure they will spend most of tomorrow getting our paperwork together for Thursday.

Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Buying a house has not been fun AT ALL! Trying to find a house that my husband and I loved together has been a traumatic experience I'd never like to relive! LOL Yesterday, I was called about monies deposited into my account. 2 of those checks were from here and the other 3 were from my job. I had to tell them who n why I had them. The lender said they just wanted to make sure that it wasn't drug money. I told her, WE'RE CORRECTIONAL OFFICERS NOT DRUG DEALERS! I guess they do this at the end to see where your cash comes from? I don't know but it was frustrating coming home from work n being bombarded with that n having to go to the bank, pull the checks, copy them n fax them in. I'm so stressed out over this, I just want to get into my house n write the dang mortgage check once a month. Ugh... I'm praying that we can close tomorrow!

You mean there are no Correctional Officers who moonlight as Drug Dealers? o_O

Not going to tell you any closing stories gone wrong... just going to cross fingers and toes that you’ll be moving in by Friday at the latest!

Reactions: Newdude
Before we closed I had to prove where I got $4.37 - it was a rebate for an air filter ..
We had a USDA loan which had an income limit so I assumed that was the reasoning

You mean there are no Correctional Officers who moonlight as Drug Dealers?
Not for nothing, and it CERTAINLY is not MR or MRS Casey, but drugs, cellphones and contraband find their way into the prisons because of corrections officers either bringing it or not being thorough enough.

Casey they always make you jump through last minute hoops. Just like any test, be happy when you have the answers to the questions, no matter how ridiculous they are.

Not for nothing, and it CERTAINLY is not MR or MRS Casey, ...

Their bank doed not know MR or MRS Casey the way we do. To the bank they are just another number on a loan app. Unfortunately that is the state of banking now.

Not for nothing, and it CERTAINLY is not MR or MRS Casey, but drugs, cellphones and contraband find their way into the prisons because of corrections officers either bringing it or not being thorough enough.

Casey they always make you jump through last minute hoops. Just like any test, be happy when you have the answers to the questions, no matter how ridiculous they are.

Some do it but the majority of contraband smugglers are babies (diapers) and elderly (that sweet old lady would never!) because they all look so innocent.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.