New pool ownership

Jgpe12

Jun 5, 2019
Boca Raton
Hi
Just moved to Florida and bought a house with a pool. First time owning a pool. My pool water has a low ph 6.8 and a high alkalinity of 250? I have been using chems to get ph up and alkalinity down but no luck. I even tried borax but still no luck. Any suggestions?
The water is also very hard 500.

Hello,

You can use aeration to bring up your PH. Aim your return jets so they are breaking the surface of the water, or use any water features you may have, like a fountain or waterfall. Once your PH gets up to 7.8 use muriatic acid to lower your PH to 7.2 which will also lower your alkalinity. Then repeat the process until you have alkalinity where you want it.

The only way to lower calcium is to do a water exchange or partial drain.

It is best if you get your test kit to take control of your water. Once received run the tests and post your results.

If you are using pucks to chlorinate they either have calcium or Cya in them which both are problems for your water.

In order for the experts here to help you please fill in your signature with your pool details.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.