New pool owner!!

Okay…so we have a frog leap system. I have removed the mineral pack and the torpedo pack. I currently have my CYA where I want it. At 40ppm. I have completely switched over to the TFP method. Now I do still have about 8 torpedo packs. That I can use if we go on vacation or I need to up CYA. Do y’all have any hacks for the frog system. I don’t think the torpedo pack will fit properly without the mineral pack in as well. Or should we just take it out completely and get an automatic chlorinator. Or just use a floating chlorinator? Since we could cut open the torpedo packs and dump the tablets in. I’m not for sure if you can just put tablets in the frog.

Last edited:
I don't have any hacks for the frog system. If it were me, I would punt on the system. Seems they lock you into the combination (after looking at design). I would just get a floater for vacation, cheap and they work. If you want, cut open the torpedo packs and dump them in the floater. Just be careful, vapor/odor from pucks of any sort are super acidic. I don't like them at all, just for that reason.

You know, the other option is to cut the mineral pack in a way to get the minerals out, but leave the cage intact. That way it would still go together correctly. No? I guess you'll have to look at it.

I don't have any hacks for the frog system. If it were me, I would punt on the system. Seems they lock you into the combination (after looking at design). I would just get a floater for vacation, cheap and they work. If you want, cut open the torpedo packs and dump them in the floater. Just be careful, vapor/odor from pucks of any sort are super acidic. I don't like them at all, just for that reason.

You know, the other option is to cut the mineral pack in a way to get the minerals out, but leave the cage intact. That way it would still go together correctly. No? I guess you'll have to look at it.
I think that might be possible!! I’ll give it a look over and see if I can empty it. Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Would it be beneficial to add DE to our sand filter? We live in GA and the pollen is terrible. Also have a bunch of sawdust floating around. We are building a deck. So naturally the dust is floating into the pool. The robot vacuum does not do a very good job getting it off the bottom.

Have we not told you about hair nets yet??? If not here ya go:

They are SO awesome for just what you are dealing with! They go INSIDE the skimmer basket with the elestice going over the lip of the basket on the outside.
What a great idea!!! Thank you!!! This is cheaper than buying the pool socks.

• Love
Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.