New pool owner with question

Aug 1, 2014
MO
My pool is in the final stages of install, 14.5 X 34 fiberglass pool and I'm looking for a cleaner. Grew up with an above ground pool and my father starting using the Polaris floating style cleaner about 15 years ago and swears by it. I went by our local store today and they were telling me that since Polaris has been bought out the quality has dropped on the units and they will stop selling them soon. They showed me the Dolphin dx 3 and dx 4 that looked nice.

And now to my question, my pool has a seating area in the shallow end, that seat tapers off but not all the way, leaving a 3" ledge the rest of the was around the pool, about 3 feet under the water level. Will I have problems with a wall climbing cleaner getting caught in the ledge, of hitting it on the way back down and just flipping off?

Thank you in advance for any help.

image.jpgimage.jpg

I have a Dolphin Primal x3 for a fiberglass pool with several ledges. It does not clean the ledge or steps. I sweep these down to the floor so robot can vacuum the debris. Recommend you get model that comes with cartridges. Sweeping takes less than ten minutes and is very easy.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

None of the robot cleaners will clean the steps and benches regardless of the brand. The surface area of the steps is just not big enough and the rise is too short for it to maneuver around and clean them.

The dolphin is an excellent cleaner though. Love mine.

MIne goes up on the steps almost every time and tries to clean them. Im sure others do to. Mine has never flipped over. Ive read that some cleaners do flip over though. Dont know why that is.

Yeah, I figured it would not do the steps,I just wanted to make sure that it would not get caught on the ledge while trying to climb or go back down and flip over.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.