New Pool Owner Needs HELP!

Signature
Please put the following information in your signature.

The size of your pool in gallons

If your pool is an AG (above ground) or IG (in ground)

If it's IG, tell us if it's vinyl, plaster/pebble, or fiberglass

The type of filter you have (sand, DE, cartridge) and, if you know, the size, model number or flow rate of the filter.

If you know, please tell us the size pump in HP. Also mention if is it a two speed or variable speed pump.

Date of pool build/install, particularly important if less then a year old.

Other significant accessories or options, such as a spa , SWG, or cleaner

I really thought I needed it???

That does not matter, surprised it is listed there. Given the model numbers, we can get the flow rate easy enough.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Ok, now that I'm gaining a little bit more confidence with the pool, I have a couple more questions....

While raising my CYA can I lower my TA with the muratic acid at the same time or should I focus on one problem at a time?

While skimming through all the paperwork on my SWG I read that the CYA should stay around 20-50. Why do you recommend a higher level?

I hope I'm not coming across in a negative way, just trying to understand.

Thanks,

should I focus on one problem at a time?
For newbies, we like to solve one issue at a time. You can certainly do what you are asking and if you are comfortable with testing and dosing with precision then you can do multiple operations simultaneously. Just make sure you know what your dosages will do before you put them in the pool and then use accurate testing to confirm.

An SWG can run 60-80 ppm CYA because it distributes chlorine into your pool very evenly.....unlike manually dosing which has a wider range. As a result you will use less chlorine and save cell life on your SWG by choosing a higher CYA value.

Almost all SWG manufacturers suggest 60-80 ppm. I am surprised your literature is different.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.