New pool owner need advice

Aug 16, 2011
Hello all
So I just bought a house with an in ground pool... 16x32 lazy L. 18-20k gals... vinyl... I’m in Long Island New York...I will be changing out the liner as it is all bleached out... I will also be changing out all the equipment... equipment now is:
HAyward de 36
1 speed Hayward pump
Chlorinator
Floor drain
Sun deck with 3 returns for massage
Wall return for vac
Oil fed boiler
500 watt r7 halogen bulb light
WhT I want to do is this:
Variable speed pump
Debating on New de or cArtridge filter
Color led light
Boiler will stay but will run electrical lines for future heat pump upgrAde.. I don’t have natural gas here.
Salt water
All new valves and plumbing .
So what I want is to go full auto..
I want to go on my phone and switch light on change colors... switch on sun deck jets... switch on/Off floor drain and skimmers and side vac intake...
I would love to hear all advice on which products/models to choose from and how to set everything up... I’m a contractor.... I will do all the plumbing no problem... I have set up salt systems in friends pools changed out pumps and filters before for others... well no it’s my turn lol... I want everything right... looking forward to tour advice

Thank you

Decide on if u want pentair or Hayward equip. Then match it all up they need to be same to talk to each other and work off automation. I have Hayward mainly because my kit supplier sold it. I ended up getting better prices on Hayward overall so I is their setup. I don't have the phone and wifi setup that will be next season I'm still building. But the swg and automation panel makes it a breeze. Stuff is pricey tho u need their lights and modules too if u want light control too

They both will do pretty much the same thing. For Hayward u need all their equip. A variable speed pump I have an eco star a swg 40k t15 is largest that's what I have and an omnilogic automation panel. If u want light control u need color logic lights and I think their module but may be included w omnilogic read up on it at their site. Ur theater can be any brand I have raypak it's very recommended here and by pros and filter can be anything but get a very large one to not have to clean often

I have Hayward automation with a Pentair variable speed pump, Hayward salt cell generator, and Switching to Raypak heater. The automation works fine with the other branded. We have had bad lick with the Hayward pumps and heater, so we are slowly switching parts to anything else.

f,

Mixing and matching can work if you just happen to have the right components with the right firmware in each system..

Mixing and matching is something that we never suggest if you plan to upgrade the whole system. Does not matter if all Pentair or all Hayward or all Jandy, just so that the SWCG, the VS pump and the Automation are all the same brand.

I am a Pentair kind of guy... I have three saltwater pools that all have Pentair automation and equipment. If I were to buy 10 more pools, they would also all get Pentair equipment. I am sure there are members here that feel exactly the same about their Hayward or Jandy equipment.

The EasyTouch, or the new IntelliCenter, can do everything you want to do. The downside to any automation from Pentair, Hayward or Jandy is the cost. It will cost you $2,500 to $3,500 for the material... Here are a couple of links...

https://sunplay.com/collections/pentair-easytouch-control-systems/products/pentair-screenlogic-interface-and-wireless-522104

https://sunplay.com/collections/pentair-easytouch-control-systems/products/pentair-easy-touch-control-system-520543

https://sunplay.com/collections/pool-pumps/products/pentair-intelliflo-variable-speed-pump-011018

Plus all the wiring, plumbing and the 50 trips to Home Depot...

Please ask if you have any specific questions..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.