New Pool Owner Moving To Salt

Passed the SLAM last night and added the salt today. But now the water is a clear green. We got in a little after adding the salt to help move any deposits around. Any ideas what could cause this? The ladder for the pool is metal and plastic, could that cause it?

Clear green points to iron in the water ... which usually shows up more when the FC levels are high and/or the pH is high (I think).
So as the FC drops it should change back? It's at 7.5 as of this morning.
EDIT: Just tested my salt and it's at 4200. This pool math app is not very accurate for salt content I guess. Now it says I need to drain and replace 17% of my water.

Another option is to get just the large DPD test for your SLAM from TFTkits. That way, you can measure FC up to whatever level you need, and then get the remaining tests once you have completed your SLAM.

Also TFT ships quickly, reports of receiving their shipments in 2 days is not an exaggeration for some.

Another option is to get just the large DPD test for your SLAM from TFTkits. That way, you can measure FC up to whatever level you need, and then get the remaining tests once you have completed your SLAM.

Also TFT ships quickly, reports of receiving their shipments in 2 days is not an exaggeration for some.
I already have the TF100 kit.

So as the FC drops it should change back? It's at 7.5 as of this morning.
EDIT: Just tested my salt and it's at 4200. This pool math app is not very accurate for salt content I guess. Now it says I need to drain and replace 17% of my water.
The green has nothing to do with the salt. A lot of people get the green when they add bleach the first time. It usually goes away in a day or two all by itself. Instead of buying bleach manufactured somewhere else and pouring it, you just made it right there next to the pool. You can check the search box for green after adding bleach or something similar.

If it doesn't fade away, then there are some remedial actions you can take, but that's too much typing for now.

Poolmath is generally very accurate. If you're reading over, it could be any number of things: pool smaller than you think; fill water has some salt in it; test strip tolerance. If the SWG is happy, you should be, too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.