New Pool owner in The Villages! (Central Florida)

PoolBrews

Oct 16, 2019
The Villages, Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
We recently completed our pool build and found this site after it was complete. Although I can't share pics of the build as it happened, I can share pics of the complete build process as I documented it!

We had a challenging build as we did things backwards. The homes in The Villages have limited size yards, and I put up a 1,300 sq ft birdcage last year with a partial canvas top. Most builders wouldn't even quote the job - they all wanted to take down the cage, build the cage, then put up a new cage. Way too much money to just throw away. I explained the difficulties over the phone to the builders and ended up with 6 that said they could do it. In the end, only 2 of them provided estimates. Attached are pics of the area prior to the pool.

My main concerns initially were potential damage/overspray to the birdcage and the custom bamboo tiki bar.Pool 1 07-15.jpgHacienda 1 Tiki Bar Front.JPGHacienda 2 Tiki Bar Side.JPG

My pool builder is Premier Pools of Central Florida. My build is as follows:

Freeform pool
12.5' x 24'5'
4' - 5' in deep end
Seating bench down entire back wall of pool
7K Gal
WetEdge Prism Matrix Blue Lagoon
MaxFlo VS 500 Pump
C200S 200 Sq Ft Cartridge Filter
HP21404T 140K Heat Pump
40K SWG
OmniLogic Automation
ParaLevel Auto-drain/fill
Decking Flagstone pavers heritage random orange/tan/pewter
TF-100 Test Kit

Here are initial design pics from the builder.Valley_003.jpgValley_004.jpg

Last edited:
SO pretty! How did they do NOT over spraying? How did they protect the the birdcage? LOVE the tiki bar! What fun!

So the canvas top...........does it leak? How do you clean it? How long do they think it will last in out sun? What a neat idea for shade in that area!

Kim:kim:

I'll post pics to show you what they did.

The tiki bar was my first retirement project! I'm a home brewer and needed a place for my 3 tap kegerator. I designed it from scratch - it's made from all bamboo, other than the actual bar top. That is mexican talavera tile with clear bar top epoxy.

The canvas top is waterproof, don't have to clean it, and it's hurricane rated to 140mph. The fabric is attached to a special frame that bolts to the cage. It's supposed to last for about 7-10 years, and you can just get the canvas replaced. Half of my pool will be in the shade.

So now I really want to see pics of the bar top please! As well as more pics of the whole bar!

Canvas = 140 mph winds?? :shock: that is awesome. Do you have pics of how it is held on that well? I am guessing it is taut with no sag to withstand wind that strong. SWEET!

What an awesome set up you have there!

Now, back to the build pics :) Part of the estimate was to have the entire deck be pavers. The builder said cutting and repouring concrete would leave a lot of cut lines and wouldn't look good. The one I went with was the only one to recommend this - also good if I ever have to get my plumbing worked on in the future!

They removed the screen from the chair rail down all the way around, and removed a 6 foot section of screen for access with the microdigger. Pics here are for entry, the cut concrete and the final pool layout:

Pool 3 07-16.jpg
Pool 5 07-16.jpg
Pool 6 07-17.jpgPool 7 07-18.jpg

That was the tile I was hoping you were talking about! I LOVE that tile! So many different colors and designs to look at.......so pretty!

Looks like they did a good job taking care of everything while they did their thing! SWEET!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks! Yes, they cut the waterline tile to use as markers for the steps and bench. We like the look of them too! The bench along the entire back of the pool was our design - this is more of a recreational pool. The bench seating faces the TV and the Tiki bar - great for parties!

Yes, we loved the way it looked so much more finished once the pavers were down!

PLEASE share a pic of the finished pool in this thread: Pool Finish and Color Viewing Room...TFP Member Sound Off It such a pretty color! Make sure to take a pic looking down at the stairs, the shallow end, and the deep end to show off the color difference in different depths.

I know you are done but want to add this just in case a new person sees this thread......................once water starts going into the pool do NOT stop it. If the flow of water stops it can cause a ring around the pool that is almost impossible to get out :(

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.