New Pool Owner—green again.

Cya takes a day or so to mix well and the FC will have fallen some as it does. Then you just wait out the remaining FC loss and fire up the cell.

Which SWG is it ? Daily loss will increase now as the sun gets higher in the sky until the midpoint of the season when it slowly decreases until the end of the season. You will need to increase the SWG to match the UV loss as it happens. Every couple of weeks, you will add runtime to achieve that.
It’s a Hayward Plus which runs 8a-8pm.

It’s a Hayward turbo cell t 15

So overnight our FC stayed at 11.4
But CC is still .8
Guessing we don’t need to add more chlorine but how do we get CC down?
Remain at slam level for your cya until you pass all 3 end of slam criteria :
Crystal clear water ✅
Pass Overnight Chlorine Loss Test ✅
Cc’s are .5 or lower ❌
Have u re tested your cya after u added to be sure of the level?
Hopefully the sun will burn off some cc’s today. Do u cover this pool?

Also,
Here’s the round about output for your cell based on your pool volume & your current runtime if u are at 100%
D45DEC34-0D4C-4736-B568-0AD9E5558341.png
U can play around w/ run times & percentages in PoolMath effects of adding.

Reactions: Newdude
Remain at slam level for your cya until you pass all 3 end of slam criteria :
Crystal clear water ✅
Pass Overnight Chlorine Loss Test ✅
Cc’s are .5 or lower ❌
Have u re tested your cya after u added to be sure of the level?
Hopefully the sun will burn off some cc’s today. Do u cover this pool?

Also,
Here’s the round about output for your cell based on your pool volume & your current runtime if u are at 100%
View attachment 414022
U can play around w/ run times & percentages in PoolMath effects of adding.
Cya seemed to be at 30, but seeing FC is appropriate for that number, sounds like we must maintain and see if CC goes down? I’ll test again in a few hours.

It’s a Hayward turbo cell t 15
Oh, good. My pool in the same climate as yours loses about 2ppm per day on average and yours can make almost 6ppm per day. So when your SLAM is done, you just have to dial in runtime vs. percentage to make the right about of chlorine each day.

Reactions: Djuke and Newdude
Oh, good. My pool in the same climate as yours loses about 2ppm per day on average and yours can make almost 6ppm per day. So when your SLAM is done, you just have to dial in runtime vs. percentage to make the right about of chlorine each day.
Ok that’s the next thing I’ll have to work on 😉

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Did your cc’s go down?
If so then you can increase cya to swg levels (60-70ppm) & chlorinate accordingly FC/CYA Levels
What is your current ph? Ta?
Any ph in the 7’s is fine .
CC went down to .2. I will run a full test tomorrow with the Taylor kit but according to the test strip, PH was around 7.2. I need to get used to adjusting the salt level on the SWG to keep FC steady.

CC went down to .2. I will run a full test tomorrow with the Taylor kit but according to the test strip, PH was around 7.2. I need to get used to adjusting the salt level on the SWG to keep FC steady.
If fc is near slam level it might bleach out a test strip - you should not adjust ph (or any parameter) based on a test strip .
As for the salt level- if the cell is happy (aka- no low/high salt light) then the swg produces chlorine. It is either producing or its not - more salt doesn’t equal more production.
Percentage settings & run times are what affect output.

If fc is near slam level it might bleach out a test strip - you should not adjust ph (or any parameter) based on a test strip .
As for the salt level- if the cell is happy (aka- no low/high salt light) then the swg produces chlorine. It is either producing or its not - more salt doesn’t equal more production.
Percentage settings & run times are what affect output.
Thanks- that’s what I meant. I need to get the percentage and run time down to maintain the fc compared to cya.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.