Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Hi forum,

Glad to be part of this community.

I conducted my first test using the Taylor-2006 kit and here are my results:

FC - 1
CC - 0
PH - 8+ (Color is darker than the ones that are available to compare - I have attached a picture)
TA - 130
CYA - 50
Salt - 6800ppm (34 drops) using Taylor salt test kit.

From what I have read for the ideal levels, it seems that my FC and CYA are low; PH/TA are high.

Which one should I try to fix first?

Also which tests should I do daily and weekly until I get the hang of this?

FYI - I am also getting my SWG unit replaced today from an older Zodiac Clearwater to Aqua-rite T-9.

Really appreciate any feedbacks that you may have. I’m here to learn from the pros.

Thanks
Paul

Attachments

• 56825A9E-890F-4004-AE9E-50A2EB5A5484.jpeg
    56825A9E-890F-4004-AE9E-50A2EB5A5484.jpeg
    259.3 KB · Views: 4
Fix them all at the same time. Wait at least 15 minutes between adding chlorine and acid.

Raise your FC with liquid chlorine.

Get dry stabilizer dissolving using the sock method.

Lower your pH with Muriatic Acid.

Test and repeat as necessary.

PoolMath

Reactions: Mdragger88
Your salt is way high. Did you add a lot of salt trying to get your old SWG working?

You need to lower your salt over 50% before you connect a Aquarite. That means draining your water.

Thanks ajw22 for your quick response.

I actually just moved into this house 2 days ago so I inherited everything from the previous owner.

For sure, I know he wasn’t doing all the proper testing as recommended on this forum (I met him a few times prior to closing and he was going by instinct and the look of the pool). :(

Make sure you are doing your salt test correctly. I was having readings that were double what my SWG said and finally figured out that I was using 25ml water instead of 10ml water to test. :hammer:

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.