Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hi,

I bought a house a few months ago with an in-ground SWG pool. The pool company opened it and it was looking great for a bit. The water was getting cloudy after some heavy rain storms, so I tried to adjust the SWG settings higher. Since then there have been a lot of red/orange lights (low salt, check cell, etc.) and I went from a 3,000 salt reading to 0. I think I might need to replace both the panel and the cell based on my quick review of serial numbers and the information on here, but I'm going to check everything and post more information.

The pool company is close and I've been using their tests, but I've seen all the warnings about that and will get a test kit ASAP. Looking forward to getting things right!

Updates:

If I'm reading the barcodes right, the panel is from 2006 and the cell is from 2015 (photos attached). At this point, I'm thinking they both need to be replaced. The pool company seemed to think so and is sending someone to evaluate everything in a couple of weeks.

They gave me a quote for an Aqua Rite Complete with 40K Extended Life Cell (4 Yr Parts Warranty) installed for about $3,000 including tax. They also told me because the 13k pool is small I could consider an Aquarite Salt System 100 115/230V 30K Gallon installed for about $1,800.

If anybody has any thoughts on the differences I'd appreciate hearing them! Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Panel Barcode.jpg
    Panel Barcode.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Cell Barcode.jpg
    Cell Barcode.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Hi, I didn't post the diagnostics initially because it doesn't seem to be reading/doing anything, but here they are:

29%
AL -0
r 1.40

NOTE: I have never been able to find the Cell type. It took me a while, but I finally read that the 1.40 version did not have that feature and assumed T-15?

I'm ordering a real test kit today.

The pool company measured it at 4,200. I had some old test strips from the previous owner. I assume they aren't for SWG and only go to 2,000, but it's reading that high.

OK --- There may be an issue with the control board. But some of those things are very easy and cheap to fix. Let's wait on others with more Hayward experience.

Reactions: JLDJLD