New Pool Owner - Constantly High PH

Testing near the same time will help you see the trend whether it's morning afternoon or evening. If one time you test at a different time just keep that in mind when evaluating. If you don't have an algae or organics problem the sun will be the major fc consumer.

Testing in the evening will tell you if your dipping too low.

Reactions: sumy08 and Newdude
Question should I move my testing to evening to see how much daily loss is
Sure can. But you won't see the loss without doing the maths to factor in what you produced also. I kinda misspoke above that us SWG people know our 'loss'. We kinda don't know at all. But we know the sun taketh and the SWG giveth, so we expect to see our loss covered when dialed in properly If we see the FC hovering at, say your preffered 7, then we know we are covering the daily loss which is the same thing as tracking it and dosing accordingly with liquid chlorine. We just cheat and skip right to the answer. Woohoo us !!! Lol.

So to retool what I said above (and thanks for pointing it out), we are looking out for any daily changes in the steady FC. Maybe it dips a little on a hot day or after a long family swim day. The next day we are right back where we wanted to be. If the FC is 1 or more low, dose with LC for an instant boost.

Other than that, you are one the lookout the first half of the season for the handful of times the unit needs more production to match the sun getting stronger, and less production for the 2nd half as the sun angle lowers with shorter days. Pay attention after any adjustment as it's never exact and easy to get too much/little, even with only 10% or a few hours different runtime. Once it proves to you it's good with a few days worth of tests, you have a few weeks of no adjustments needed.

Once you've got a season or two under your belt, you'll just know and a week between tests is fine. If something is amiss midweek, you'll just see that the sparkles aren't quite as sparkly as they could be and run out there all concerned. 'What is it Lassie ??? Little Timmy fell in the well ? No ? Oh PHEW !!! ... I'm only at 5.5 FC. Good thing I caught it with plenty of time to spare'

Reactions: sumy08 and aussieta
Sure can. But you won't see the loss without doing the maths to factor in what you produced also. I kinda misspoke above that us SWG people know our 'loss'. We kinda don't know at all. But we know the sun taketh and the SWG giveth, so we expect to see our loss covered when dialed in properly If we see the FC hovering at, say your preffered 7, then we know we are covering the daily loss which is the same thing as tracking it and dosing accordingly with liquid chlorine. We just cheat and skip right to the answer. Woohoo us !!! Lol.

So to retool what I said above (and thanks for pointing it out), we are looking out for any daily changes in the steady FC. Maybe it dips a little on a hot day or after a long family swim day. The next day we are right back where we wanted to be. If the FC is 1 or more low, dose with LC for an instant boost.

Other than that, you are one the lookout the first half of the season for the handful of times the unit needs more production to match the sun getting stronger, and less production for the 2nd half as the sun angle lowers with shorter days. Pay attention after any adjustment as it's never exact and easy to get too much/little, even with only 10% or a few hours different runtime. Once it proves to you it's good with a few days worth of tests, you have a few weeks of no adjustments needed.

Once you've got a season or two under your belt, you'll just know and a week between tests is fine. If something is amiss midweek, you'll just see that the sparkles aren't quite as sparkly as they could be and run out there all concerned. 'What is it Lassie ??? Little Timmy fell in the well ? No ? Oh PHEW !!! ... I'm only at 5.5 FC. Good thing I caught it with plenty of time to spare'
That's the post of the day for me.
Got it set to 7 today and I believe it will stay there. Testing in evenings now to have a good idea on daily loss. If it stays constant 7 for next few days I will switch to weekly may be. TA is close to 80 and pH still increases every few days but it is getting better.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.