Free Available Chlorine 0
Total Available Chlorine 0
Salt 3400
Calcium Hardness 130
Cyanuric Acid 35
Total Alkalinity 110
pH 7.8
Phosphates 500

This is the first time the water was tested using a test other than a test strip. The pool builder only used test strips and the CYA has been low since filling and I was told it takes a while to show up.

Where should I start? Lol

Attachments

• 20180127_151231.jpg
    20180127_151231.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 106
You need a proper test kit. Taylor K2006C or TF100. TF100 is the best value.

You need chlorine. Add 3ppm of FC using bleach. If you order your test kit today you can test the water and post up your results by end of next week.

Take care

I have just THE place for you start:

TFTestkits.net

This is where you can get the best test kit around.

The pool $tore is just one tiny step up from the test aka guess strips. I know you would think they could get it right but more times than not they don't. This is due to many reasons I can list if you like. For right now go ahead and order your own test kit so we can get your water balanced.

Kim:kim:

You need a proper test kit. Taylor K2006C or TF100. TF100 is the best value.

You need chlorine. Add 3ppm of FC using bleach. If you order your test kit today you can test the water and post up your results by end of next week.

Take care

OK thanks. I just wanted to make sure I shouldn't start with adding more stabilizer and the do chlorine. Would the reason for the what I'd say is rapid decline of the chlorine content due to not having enough stabilizer to begin with?

- - - Updated - - -

I have just THE place for you start:

TFTestkits.net

This is where you can get the best test kit around.

The pool $tore is just one tiny step up from the test aka guess strips. I know you would think they could get it right but more times than not they don't. This is due to many reasons I can list if you like. For right now go ahead and order your own test kit so we can get your water balanced.

Thanks for the feedback will do.

PoolMath will guide you in finding how much bleach to add to get to 3ppm FC. My reckoning is that two quarts of 8.25% bleach will raise your FC 1ppm.

You do need your own test kit....a store employee rushing thru tests (and hoping to sell products) is not the testing you need. Your own tests with a reliable kit will serve you better and save you a ton of money.

Until you get that kit and can test properly, the 3ppm will help keep algae at bay especially in this cooler weather.

Maddie :flower:

Here are the way the Pool $tore can mess up tests:

-not rinsing test tubes between tests

-not hold the regent bottle straight up and down

-not making sure each drop is the same size

-not making sure of the correct number of drops

-cya test-not doing it the correct way-outside with their back to the sun-TFP has done real science to find the best way to do this test and found this is the best way

I have 3 pool stores in my town. I tested my water at home and it was spot on balanced. I then took it to all 3 stores. Each store told me something different was wrong with my water :( The cost to "fix" my water ranged from $50 to $125 :twisted: One store used the Taylor drop test, one used the computer test, the other used a drop test but I could not tell what brand.

NO one cares about your water or wallet as much you do. The pool store is in business to make money so.....Once you get your test kit we will get your balanced. You will LOVE how your water looks and how easy and cheap it is to keep your pool clean and clear!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.