Silver Supporter
Feb 23, 2022
Dickinson, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
All of my suggested "wait" issues are now over with the builder. I've been filled for a little over 1-month. Yesterday's test was through Leslie's and still to get a more complete test kit for myself. My question is whether I should still wait on CH to increase, or should I increase it at this stage? CH has been increasing. This test was about 10ppm CH higher than last week's. Here's all my starting points per:

pH = 7.8
Alk = 131
Cya = 29
FAC = 1.1
TAC = 1.6
CH = 128
TDS = 600
Pho = 980
FE = 0.1
CU = 0.2

You will find TFPC is quite a bit different than pool store methods. We advocate the pool owner doing their own water testing with a proper test kit. See Test Kits Compared

I would not trust those test results.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Very well put, mknauss!!! If the info is in the least bit questionable in one parameter, it's to be assumed useless on the whole! Shopping kits as we speak. I plan to download the app and start logging. Thanks!!!

Reactions: Newdude
Check your fill water CH when you get your kit. I believe most Houston area water is higher in CH than what you are showing. Also, the CU number is obviously false.

Check your fill water CH when you get your kit. I believe most Houston area water is higher in CH than what you are showing. Also, the CU number is obviously false.
Did not even think of that aspect! My well water should be showing higher, just as it did with iron on startup and had to be dealt with by the PB on initial balance. A K-2006C should be here Monday. Thanks!!

Edit to add: Why CU false?

Congrats on your new pool! Mine has been filled for about 3 weeks, so we are going through a very similar experience right now. Leslie's told me my CH was 0. He ran it twice and was convinced there was nothing wrong with his test. :rolleyes:

Ditch the PS as fast as you can...trust your own results and rely on them only as a supplier. Their treatment recommendations are even worse than their testing!

Reactions: Mdragger88
Congrats on your new pool! Mine has been filled for about 3 weeks, so we are going through a very similar experience right now. Leslie's told me my CH was 0. He ran it twice and was convinced there was nothing wrong with his test. :rolleyes:

Ditch the PS as fast as you can...trust your own results and rely on them only as a supplier. Their treatment recommendations are even worse than their testing!
Yes, we are almost on exact same track in time! Once my test kit shows Monday, I'm off strips and CL/Ph bottle test that Leslies said was all I needed. Of, course, they would handle all the rest on weekly testing brought in :) I should have known the gimmick when the first visit they wanted to push gallons of stuff on me for a new pool, but declined, all the while, the hand on the counter across was reviewing "daily sales quotas" on the computer. I can see right away from the advise here that knowledgeable attention and diligence works way above massive doses of weekly chemicals!

Folks, thanks for the previous input on my numbers from the PS, and per advise here, I have obtained the K-2006C, plugged into Pool Math, any any advise on whether to adjust that CH given new plaster (pebble) is warranted, or, any changes at this stage:

Water Temp = 65 degrees F
FC = 1.0
pH = 7.8
TA = 100
CH = 130
CYA = 40
CSI = -0.24

Pool Math is telling me to lower pH to 7.0-7.2 via acid to reduce TA. CH still not far up from PS number.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Interesting. Your water source must be much different than most of the Houston metro area.

Add enough calcium to get your CH to 300 ppm.

Add chlorine. Yours is very low.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.