New Pool Need Guidance with chemicals

Regardless, raise your FC to 6 ppm with liquid chlorine now.
so i just went to local ace to get LC they don't have just household clorox . i live in area where people are just starting to open pools it has been in the 60's. i probably wont be using the pool for atleast another month or so. also i was able to figure out the swcg on pool math. its telling me to rin for 5 hrs with swg at 50% which i am doing anyway . I know when adding stabalizer you have to let pump run for atleast 24hrs , i can set a time and turn swcg off in about 5 hrs but let the pump run till tomorrow is that fine? i can re test in the morning and probably pick up LC form walmart or HD.

so i just went to local ace to get LC they don't have just household clorox . i live in area where people are just starting to open pools it has been in the 60's. i probably wont be using the pool for atleast another month or so. also i was able to figure out the swcg on pool math. its telling me to rin for 5 hrs with swg at 50% which i am doing anyway . I know when adding stabalizer you have to let pump run for atleast 24hrs , i can set a time and turn swcg off in about 5 hrs but let the pump run till tomorrow is that fine? i can re test in the morning and probably pick up LC form walmart or HD.
ok nevermind just double checked pool math and i have to run SWCG run for 18hr at 50% . sorry i usually not this clueless.

ok great i will pick up some LC ASAP.
Once you get your FC to 5 ppm or above, have your SWCG generate 2 ppm FC per day. That should be good for this month and then it will be time to raise the CYA to 70 and re-balance the chlorine generation.

Once you get your FC to 5 ppm or above, have your SWCG generate 2 ppm FC per day. That should be good for this month and then it will be time to raise the CYA to 70 and re-balance the chlorine generation.
THANK YOU you are the best :) i am heading to HD now to pick up LC.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
J
ok just added the recommended LC (10%) to reach FC OF 6PPM but the LC i got from HD is old and been sitting in shade outside. date says june 12th 2020. i am sure the strength is lot less by now. i will test again in morning. i have pump running at 85% with swcg at 50% probably let it run all night. do you think i should shut off the swcg for now? btw per pool math my swcg generates 1.47lbs / day. how do i figure out generating hrs to reach 2 ppm ?

Last edited:
Use Poolmath. Effects of Adding Chemicals.
ok did another test here are the results.
water temp 60
FC =6.5
CC = .5
PH = 7.5
I will turn off my SWCG and just let the pump run so all the stabilizer can dissolve, just little left in both socks. what you think?

Chemistry parameters are ranges. Not absolutes. So do not overreact to small variances, as long as your FC is above minimum.

Yes, you need to get to 6ppm, but there is a big BUT here.... The pool will lose 2-3 ppm of chlorine per day so you still need to run the SWG enough to make up for that loss each day and still be above the minimum at all times.
That make sense thank you.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.