New Pool Need Guidance with chemicals

Chemistry parameters are ranges. Not absolutes. So do not overreact to small variances, as long as your FC is above minimum.
i think i am getting the hang of it. todays results :
WATER TEMP 60
FC = 8
CC = .5
PH = 7.5

When you think i should do another CYA test?

did test yesterday results :
WATER TEMP 60
FC = 9.5
CC = 0
PH = 7.8

CYA = 60
Water looks slightly cloudy . my goal is to get the water perfect and get used to the chemicals . pool probably wont be used for another 6-8 weeks depending on weather.

If you added enough stabilizer to get to 40 ppm, why is your CYA test 60 ppm?
Your FC appears to be holding well but I would suggest a Overnight Chlorine Loss Test soon if you have cloudy water. Your water should not be cloudy.
you are correct unless my calculations with stabilizer was wrong or my test is not right . i will do another CYA test in a bit . this is second time i am doing the CYA test so just little confuse that black dot suppose to completely disappear ? i can try doing the overnight chlorine test but starting tonight we are suppose to get heavy rain for two days maybe i'll wait for 2 decent days for the overnight test.

If you added enough stabilizer to get to 40 ppm, why is your CYA test 60 ppm?
Your FC appears to be holding well but I would suggest a Overnight Chlorine Loss Test soon if you have cloudy water. Your water should not be cloudy.
ok did test again.

FC = 8
CC = 0
CH = 50
TA = 100
CYA = 45 -50
PH = 7.8

I will try to do another FC test in the morning but i think it suppose to rain all night. Otherwise i definitely have to do a overnight chlorine test.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Round up your CYA result so 50 ppm.

Unless you have a tropical storm coming through rain has little effect on water chemistry.

Round up your CYA result so 50 ppm.

Unless you have a tropical storm coming through rain has little effect on water chemistry.
Perfect i'll test FC again in morning . also does it matter pump wont be running now till about 8am . ofcourse swg is also off . i plan of check around 7am.

The pump should be running for at least 30 minutes prior to getting your pool water sample for testing. Or you can brush the pool vigorously.

The pump should be running for at least 30 minutes prior to getting your pool water sample for testing. Or you can brush the pool vigorously.
ok just tested and FC stayed the same to 8. Pump had been running for about 30min without swg before i tested. I will try to keep the FC between 8 - 10 and control the swg at least for few more weeks. still don't understand why water is slightly cloudy?

Water should not be cloudy. Hold the FC level and see if it clears. Are you getting any debris on the bottom of the pool? Be sure to check light niche, skimmer throats, etc for algae.

Water should not be cloudy. Hold the FC level and see if it clears. Are you getting any debris on the bottom of the pool? Be sure to check light niche, skimmer throats, etc for algae.
there has been patio work going on and i have been getting some dirt here and there. but between the robot and running the pump and me brushing its been mostly clear. i'll inspect all those areas.

It might be time to clean your filter cartridges, especially with all the patio work being done. TFP recommends
cleaning them before the pressure rises by 25% above clean pressure.

For example:
  • 10 PSI Clean Filter pressure -> Clean filter when pressure rises to 12-13 PSI
  • 15 PSI Clean Filter pressure -> Clean filter when pressure rises to 18-19 PSI
  • 20 PSI Clean Filter pressure -> Clean filter when pressure rises to 25 PSI

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.