Long Island, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Hello All, been reading these forums for years finally had the pool installed few months ago. Equipment finally got turned on 2 weeks ago. PB added 2 gallons of 12% choline few weeks ago by mistake (they came to open by my neighbors pool but some miscommunication and thought they were opening my pool, then they realized wrong house), they added 10 bags of 40lb salt last week. i have been running my pump on Medium speed for about 8 hrs a day and my pentair warrior has been running for weeks . trying to keep the pool clean from patio work that's being done. Yesterday I opened my TF-pro and did test on water for first time. below are results.

FC - .05
CC- .05
CH- 50
TA - 100
CYA -- little confused because they black dot on bottom never went away I poured the whole bottle.
PH - 8.2
CL -0

Today I finally noticed when i ran the pump SWG says chlorinating. Please see attached pic. I want to take control of the pool i am assuming I need to test again soon and add my results to POOL MATH. SWG IS SET TO 50%.
Another thing that bugging me is my app shows pool temp 5-6 degree from my floating thermometer in pool. not sure why? for instance right now floating says 58 and app 67 . I can tell floating looks more accurate . our current weather is around 58.

Attachments

• CL.png
    CL.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Great job on your first testing. First, how did you get a result of .05 FC and CC. No test method can provide that level of result. Read FAS-DPD Chlorine Test - Trouble Free Pool

Without CYA, the chlorine being produced by the SWCG is being lost to the UV from the sun nearly instantaneously.

Add 40 ppm CYA worth of stabilizer using the sock method. Once full dissolved from the sock, assume it is in the pool water and follow the FC/CYA Levels. Test the CYA a few days after it is fully dissolved. Based on those test results, add additional stabilizer to get your CYA level to 70 ppm.

Add muriatic acid to lower your pH to 7.6.

Great job on your first testing. First, how did you get a result of .05 FC and CC. No test method can provide that level of result. Read FAS-DPD Chlorine Test - Trouble Free Pool

Without CYA, the chlorine being produced by the SWCG is being lost to the UV from the sun nearly instantaneously.

Add 40 ppm CYA worth of stabilizer using the sock method. Once full dissolved from the sock, assume it is in the pool water and follow the FC/CYA Levels. Test the CYA a few days after it is fully dissolved. Based on those test results, add additional stabilizer to get your CYA level to 70 ppm.

thank you for your response. i followed direction on card and after adding 1 drop of r-0871 solution turned clear so 1 x .05 = .05 . did i do it correctly? should i do another test before adding anything ?

Using a 10 ml water sample, 1 drop of R0871 is 0.5 ppm FC. You have your decimal point moved over.

ok so i will pick up 2 7lb bags of this stabilizer according to my calculation i need to start with atleast 5.35lb (40ppm) so can i setup multiple sock around returns? i have 6 returns.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That will work.
so i have 2 sets of sock setup for last 2hrs pump running at 85%. i have been squeezing the sock every 30-45 min and looks like it dissolves very quick. Is it ok to keep and squeezing every 30min or so or should i wait longer? Also can is it ok to run pool robot ? thank you

Attachments

• sock.JPG
    sock.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 45
Squeeze away. It will dissolve faster the more you do it.

As long as it does not grab the socks!
so stabilizer is almost dissolved and i just did a quick test and PH looks like 7.2 and CL 3 6 . pump has been running at 85 % for last 9 hrs and SWG is on and at 50%. should i do all test again or wait for stabalizer to dissolve?

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 28
As you added 40 ppm worth of CYA, you need to follow the FC/CYA Levels for 40 ppm CYA. Raise your FC to target range (for non-SWCG) FC using liquid chlorine.

Once you begin using the SWCG to generate your chlorine, you will use the SWCG chart.

As you added 40 ppm worth of CYA, you need to follow the FC/CYA Levels for 40 ppm CYA. Raise your FC to target range (for non-SWCG) FC using liquid chlorine.

Once you begin using the SWCG to generate your chlorine, you will use the SWCG chart.
I believe my SWCG is generating . screen shot is from the app, app is stating status " chlorinating".

Attachments

• SWCG.png
    SWCG.png
    28.5 KB · Views: 9
How much FC are you generating each day? To get that, you need how long it is generating each day, %generation setting, then input that into Poolmath.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.