New pool liner

Your pH is spot on!! NICE!

TA-Are you SURE it is 500 ??? I have never see it that high. Could you mean CH?

You can go ahead and start with the CYA. Do NOT follow the directions on the bottle. Instead put it in a large sock like you wear. Hang it so the water flows over it or right in front of a return. You can squeeze it to help it dissolve faster if you want.

FC-You can go ahead and start adding some now. I would add enough each day to get it up to 7 until your CYA is all dissolved and in your pool. THEN you will get and keep the FC within range following this chart: Chlorine / CYA Chart - Trouble Free Pool

I was at work am not always able to get on the computer. I hope you see this and are able to get your water going towards balanced! :hug:

Kim:kim:

You can push your TA up to 60 or so. Some pools like a lower TA like that. What you what to do is keep any eye on your pH. If it pushes up fast then we will adjust it more.

The only two you cannot adjust at the same time is FC and pH. Chlorine and muriatic acid do NOT play well together. You should wait about 15 mins between adding those two. Other than that they can be worked on at the same time.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.