Columbus, OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
I've got a bit of a liner leak and the company is coming to replace the liner mid June hopefully. The problem is that the pool is not holding enough water for me to start the pump/filter to get it cleaned up. The company said that they are able to save 10,000 gallons of water, and so I'd like to not use a bunch of water to fill it up just to have to dump it.
With some extensive landscaping and a mesh cover with holes, the water that is still in there has gotten pretty disgusting. So, I'm looking for a way to clear the gunk out of the bottom without using a ton of water needlessly.

Would I be able to bypass the inground plumbing and hook a line directly to the pump in this case? I need to get the gunk at the bottom of the pool, so I don't think that I can use an above ground pump due to the lift required. Or is a water transfer or trash pump an option? I was trying to find some way to use something like an aquarium siphon, but I haven't seen a good way to make that work.
My main goal is to use the least amount of new water I can, but I also don't want to drop several hundred dollars on a trash pump if I don't have to. I don't see the pool getting any use before the liner is replaced, so I don't care about how slow the process is.

I've got a bit of a liner leak and the company is coming to replace the liner mid June hopefully. The problem is that the pool is not holding enough water for me to start the pump/filter to get it cleaned up. The company said that they are able to save 10,000 gallons of water, and so I'd like to not use a bunch of water to fill it up just to have to dump it.
With some extensive landscaping and a mesh cover with holes, the water that is still in there has gotten pretty disgusting. So, I'm looking for a way to clear the gunk out of the bottom without using a ton of water needlessly.

Would I be able to bypass the inground plumbing and hook a line directly to the pump in this case? I need to get the gunk at the bottom of the pool, so I don't think that I can use an above ground pump due to the lift required. Or is a water transfer or trash pump an option? I was trying to find some way to use something like an aquarium siphon, but I haven't seen a good way to make that work.
My main goal is to use the least amount of new water I can, but I also don't want to drop several hundred dollars on a trash pump if I don't have to. I don't see the pool getting any use before the liner is replaced, so I don't care about how slow the process is.
Any decent trash pump will work, plenty in the sub $100 $150 range work for just cycling the water.