New pool light, I would like it multicolor and dimming, as well as to go automatically on at night or at programmable times.

venexiano

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I have a crappy old yellowish light. I would like to have multicolor (thousands or more) so I can pick the shade of blue that will look more like ocean water given also my tile color. Plus I want dimming and I want programming, so that light goes on automatically at night. The only thing I found so far is Brio, it was suggested in a different thread. See the attached picture of my niche (7.5" diameter). Not sure it is new or old type, but the representative said to buy a niche conversion from www.qwikled.com, their WiFi controller and 75w transformer and I should be good. I can then control it from the phone app and program the functioning. He said he recently spoke with Pinchapenny in my area (Gainesville, FL) and they should be able to purchase and install the light for me. What do you guys think? Am I going in the right direction? Or is there a better product that came out recently that suits my needs? Is there really not an option without the niche retrofit?

Thank you
Best

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    287.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I have a crappy old yellowish light. I would like to have multicolor (thousands or more) so I can pick the shade of blue that will look more like ocean water given also my tile color. Plus I want dimming and I want programming, so that light goes on automatically at night. The only thing I found so far is Brio, it was suggested in a different thread. See the attached picture of my niche (7.5" diameter). Not sure it is new or old type, but the representative said to buy a niche conversion from www.qwikled.com, their WiFi controller and 75w transformer and I should be good. I can then control it from the phone app and program the functioning. He said he recently spoke with Pinchapenny in my area (Gainesville, FL) and they should be able to purchase and install the light for me. What do you guys think? Am I going in the right direction? Or is there a better product that came out recently that suits my needs? Is there really not an option without the niche retrofit?

Thank you
Best
You have an American Products (now Pentair) Amerilte and niche. I like to replace the light with an exact light and replace the incandescent bulb in the light with whatever LED color changing bulb you would like, there are many available. Every other way will have you replacing the entire light when (not if) they fail. All the LED lights on the market seem to have way too short a life before failure.

Thank you. What do you mean with "replace entire light" exactly? It seems the bulb is not part of the light, so what is that I need to change if not the bulb? And what do you mean with "exact light"? How do I know what is the exact light?

Thank you. What do you mean with "replace entire light" exactly? It seems the bulb is not part of the light, so what is that I need to change if not the bulb? And what do you mean with "exact light"? How do I know what is the exact light?
What you have is a very old Amerilite. If it does not trip your GFCI you can install any bulb that will fit. If it does, or if there has been water in it, it should be/has to be replaced with a new Amerilite or any light that will fit that Amerilite niche

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.