New Pool Initial Fill Numbers but electric not hooked up yet

km1222

Mar 25, 2020
Corpus Christi, Texas
Hello all,

Long time Lurker.

We have a new pool filling now that should be full by tonight, hot tub full last night. BUT no electric is hooked up yet until Monday. (I hope) i.e. NO PUMPS to run

17x34 with 7x7 hot tub with spillover. Quartscapes Super Blue. Travertine Coping, Split face rock feature wall with three LED Sheer Decents, Five Pentair Microbrite lights. All Pentair Equipment (2 pumps plus booster). Cartridge Filters, and a heater that will remain off for a couple weeks. Chlorinator.

Will be using TFP Method, but using chlorinator to boost CYA and Chlorine once pumps are running for a few weeks.

Initial Numbers of Full Hot tub with no pump running.
FC 1
CC2
CYA Under 20
PH over 8 on Test, 9.6 on ph meter
CH 25
TA 150

Pool Builder is hiring a girl to maintain levels for 2 weeks. No sequestrant added. No Chemicals have been added to water at all to this point.

Should I do anything until I turn on pumps? I know I need to get chlorine and CYA up and acid down.
Should I dilute and pour very slowly and stir in manually or wait until pumps before adding any chemicals?

I will Post Pictures soon.

Thanks

Welcome to TFP.

Follow your startup guide for the first 28 days then transition to TFP methods...

Maximum 3 ppm of FC and 30-50ppm of CYA on day 4. If your pump is not running stir liquid chlorine into the water with your pool brush.

Start brushing the pool a few tines a day.

Dont add acid until the pump is running.

Last edited:
You will need to buy granular stabilizer because pucks will not raise it fast enough to protect your chlorine. You will need to use the sock method to dissolve it once you reach that point per your start up guidelines. The person who is testing your pool for 2 weeks should guide you on this and hopefully supply the stabilizer as well. FYI - pucks do add stabilizer but only as they dissolve. This is something to watch once you past your 28 day start up period because the more pucks you use the higher the CYA will climb over time. You state you will follow TFP guidelines in the future - does this imply you will switch to liquid chlorine? just want to know and you may want to add that info to your signature line. Good Luck and keep us posted over the next several weeks. Would love to see some pictures.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.