New Pool in Leander, Texas - Gunite Done

I had a weep hole as well...it was filled in right before plaster. When were the pipes in the steps added? They aren't in your picture on Nov 2nd...probably a question for the PB...let us know the answer...very curious, lol.

It's been nearly 2 months since gunite and we haven't seen much activity. A couple guys came out for an hour and ran some conduit up to the equipment pad, but that's it. Today there is a swarm of people in the backyard taking the forms off and doing who knows what else. I have no idea what they are doing, but nice to see some activity!

It hasn't been radio silence, my pool builder talked to me and said we are in line for masons but likely wouldn't see them until January. Same for equipment. I don't want to make it seem like they are ignoring me, just nothing for them to do. I'm sure the holidays slowed things down too.

Glad your PB is keeping you informed. With little info to share, or bad info with delays, many trades people can only get screamed at so many times from customers before they just ghost them all.

Keep being that customer who doesn’t shred them for things beyond their control. (y)

I try to be nice and understanding (within reason). If he tells me "sometime in January", if I haven't heard or seen him around min-January I reach out and poke him. :) Since something is happening and it's the 4th of January, that's a good sign. That meets my expectations. While I would love if it went faster (who wouldn't?), I just have to deal with the current circumstances.

+1 for sure. You can be inquisitive and firm while still not being a jerk. It’s clearly served you well. And good on you cuz it’s way easier said than done. Lol.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.