New pool in Jersey...they're here!

Let the MUD begin!! :party: Oh happy day!! Sorry to hear bout the tree and shrub damage though.

Slide-plumb for it now. Other wise you will be running the hose out each time you want to use it and that will get old REAL fast! You can always put a basket or such over the stub.

I LOVE your house! SO pretty!!!!! That yard is HUGE! What fun you will have living there!

Kim:kim:

On the slide, make sure you leave plenty of concrete room (or pavers in stone if outside the deck area) to walk all the way around it. They take up a lot more deck space than it would seem like. Do you have a plan to share? Or rough sketch?

As Kim said, yet to pre-plumb. The only reason not to is if you don't want a slide.

I will post the plans later today. Question..I got in and measured yesterday and deep end is deeper than 6ft. Will vermiculite raise it that much or do they need to add more dirt first? It seems to be closer to 7ft. I asked the excavator before he left and he said it was 6ft. I measured from flat part of deep to top of ground approximately.

We were wavering between 5.8 and 6 ft so I will not be happy with anything over 6. I wanted to be able to walk at least half the pool and pb assured me that I would be able to (I'm 5'5") but that doesn't seem to be the case either. Pool is 18x36.

I measured from flat part of deep to top of ground approximately.

Water level is not going to be up to the ground. Water level will be 6 to 8” below ground depending on height skimmers are placed.

This is my pool (for the most part). We are only going 6 ft deep and we flipped the bump out side to the other side so it wouldn't go farther into the middle of yard after concrete. But 10ft sundeck will still be there, closest to house (which is at bottom of picture about 25 feet from the deck). The pool kit was just delivered this morning. Its supposed to rain Monday thru Thursday of next week so who knows when they will build it.

Attachments

• 156053319490183969531732976579.jpg
    156053319490183969531732976579.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 82
But I have a questions regarding lights. We are putting a globrite in the sundeck and we have one intellibrite 5g at the end of pool. Is one light going to be bright enough with a darker liner? My liner is (Dover) gray mosaic. Should we add one or two more lights? I was thinking of putting 3 intellIbrites on bump out wall which would be facing the yard, instead of one at the end. I figured it would help lite the yard a bit at night and not allow for any dead spots in the pool.

I would have one more in the middle of the pool facing the yard. I would also have the "end" one more to the side so it will not be in any one's eyes if they are swimming laps or such. That way you will have three lights-one on deck, middle, kind of end.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would have one more in the middle of the pool facing the yard. I would also have the "end" one more to the side so it will not be in any one's eyes if they are swimming laps or such. That way you will have three lights-one on deck, middle, kind of end.

That's a great idea! My PB suggested putting the 2 like you said right off the end and in the middle plus another closer to sundeck, but if I could get away with only 2 lights in pool plus one in sundeck that would be ideal ( and keep some money in my pocket). Thank you.

They're finally building the pool. The rain held off today and isnt going to start until tonight so hopefully I'll at least see the actual steel shape later. The PB didnt order my second light and therefore it's not cut out already but he says that they'll fix it. Also, he decided to be honest with me and tell me that it usually takes about 2 weeks but with all the rain we've been having it's going to be 3 or 4. Well tomorrow starts week 3 so we shall see. Let's not forget the 30 days of ground settling. But if they take advantage of any nice days, we might still be swimming by the 4th, which was the question I asked all PBs in February when I was interviewing.

FINALLY!!! OH yeah!!! Here is hoping they keep it up!

Keep a close eye out of the other light! Make sure he does not forget before it is too late to add it.

I hate to say this......but don't plan any 4th parties to be on the safe side.

FINALLY!!! OH yeah!!! Here is hoping they keep it up!

Keep a close eye out of the other light! Make sure he does not forget before it is too late to add it.

I hate to say this......but don't plan any 4th parties to be on the safe side.

Definitely wasnt doing that. Not even sure I want to have my son's bday party at end of August! The yard will most likely still be a mess.

That is such a neat shape! Are you loving how big it is?? Keep on your PB about the other light.

It is about time for you to order your test kit for the pool. Ask you PB what one he provides and let us know so we can fill in any holes. I will also make you a shopping list from your house water test results.

What a great backyard for a pool! You're going to LOVE it. Definitely plumb in the slide. I can't imagine you'd ever regret that! I also kind of think you'll be swimming by the 4th! It took my people just a week to actually put in the pool; the decking was the limiting factor on when we could swim. (I could have swum without decking, but it was April and I wasn't terribly motivated yet!). Fingers crossed for good weather for you!

Kim
That is such a neat shape! Are you loving how big it is?? Keep on your PB about the other light.

It is about time for you to order your test kit for the pool. Ask you PB what one he provides and let us know so we can fill in any holes. I will also make you a shopping list from your house water test results.

That extra bump out is my sundeck. It was actually going to be 16x36 but we added the extra 2ft across because it felt small when I measured my living room which is 15ft across! With the 10ft sundeck it brings us to about 46 length so it feels (and looks) a bit bigger. I ordered the kit as soon as they dug! And I've already done a preliminary test (results are on page 1). But please let me know if I need to get anything else in preparation.

You have some solid starter water there! SWEET!

So here is your shopping list:
-2 2cup PLASTIC measuring cups. Make sure they have the oz. marked on them. (one will be for the muriatic acid and the other is for all other chemicals.
-1 white, plastic plate-this is to hold up behind the pH test to help you match the colors
-tooth brush-give your old one to the pool. This is for brushing around returns and skimmers and such.
This can be bought from the Dollar Store.

Now for the heavy lifting:
-A place to get liquid chlorine or PLAIN bleach (no colors, splashless, smells, choramax, etc). This may be the Pool Store or Walmart. Make sure to check the date codes as you don't want it to be more than 3 month old if possilbe.
-muriatic acid-get the 31%-most of the time in comes in a 2 box set. Kept outside in the garden section of Lowes and such.
-Some thing to keep the muriatic acid in that can be locked if you have little ones that might be around. It need to be plastic as the fumes can rust metal. It can be stored outside as it is not picky about heat or such.

Thank you, lazygirl! They actually were at my house today so that makes 2 days in a row! Yes, the wait for concrete while the ground settles will suck big time but although it says not to use the pool until finished in the contract, my pb hinted that it would be ok. I wish I would've really paid attention to the 30 day wait for concrete when i was interviewing but either it didn't occur to me or I was thinking that it would still be done by early June. One of my regrets. But anywho, hopefully they keep moving along.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.