New Pool in Frisco TX

Our dig date is Friday next week! Weather permitting.

BTW I decided to go with a robot and just emailed the pool builder to credit back the polaris/booster pump costs back to my bid. Does anyone know about what that would be back to me? I plan to use whatever they credit me on a robot so I will be looking into models asap. Could really use some recommendations.....thanks so much more to come on Friday next week hopefully.

A LOT of members have worked with "Marina Pool, Spa & Patio". They have awesome customer service so give them a call and tell them what you want out of a cleaner and they will get you all set up with the purrfect cleaner for you and your pool. You can also do a search to find the many threads about it (Too many for me to link to all of them LOL)

Just an update for everyone. This rain in DFW has put us way behind on the dig date. Currently slated for this Friday after what is supposed to be another almost inch of rain before then....

A couple of wrinkles have developed. My PB says that the excavator is concerned with the side of the yard we are planning to run the bobcat and excavator through as he says its too muddy and there is a possibility of them getting stuck. Also he is concerned that our neighbors wrought iron fence may be damaged due to the deep ruts that could happen and the footers could give way. Problem is the other side is my driveway and on this side are my 3 brand spanking new Trane XR AC units which we put in last summer(my babies...if you are in TX you understand). So they want to potentially move the ac units off the pad(all 3) relocate them to my garage for the dig--up to 2 days. I am very very hesitant to this as we just had them professionally put in and they have been great since. I understand this is not a very hard job but this is a Pool Builder not an AC company so I am trusting them with my new babies. Also they want 350 dollars per unit to relocate and re-install.

SO we got that goin for us which is NOT nice.

Has anyone else had issues like this? I have the PM coming over to re-evaluate the yard again today, and this will be discussed...I could really use some advice from anyone in similar situations. This darn rain is messing up our build in more ways than one...

Thanks all
EDIT: Couple changes - We changed the veneer from White Oak Splitface to Silver travertine....I didnt like how it looked like too many different materials. Also it matches better with our silver travertine pavers. We also changed the waterline tile to GlassTel-31 aqua fujiwa.
IMG_4150.JPG60287636568__E7EAF131-1C38-4FE2-916D-ACED6C59E91A.JPG

Last edited:
Personally, I would move the A/C units as a last resort.

Are all of these issues stemming from soft ground due to rain? If so, as much as I hate delay, I'd rather wait for the ground to dry and firm up.

Pretty much....if it was super hard and dry I think we'd be fine. I think hes trying to get us in because we were supposed to dig in mid Jan....and here we are.

I wouldn’t let them come within 10‘ of your HVAC. No way!!!!!!!!! NO NO NO NO.
I’d wait for the ground to dry out. Or lay plywood (Might work) If it is just dirt. I’d suggest a Couple tons of gravel as a path way if your really in a hurry to start. Another point to think about is the electrical and plumbing trenches also would not be able to be excavated if the ground is saturated. Just a thought.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So we are still on hold due to the saturated clay soil here in frisco. Apparently my PB does not want to dig in fear of hitting my neighbors pool equipment which is about 5ft from my fence line. Since it is so saturated he is worried the ruts will push up against the wrought iron fence and could potentially hit his plumbing. SO we wait till its dry. He also mentioned that they need 7-10 days between dig and gunite....which seems really long to me....so we signed our paperwork in December and yet here we sit. Has anyone had experience with saturated soils? He is trying to come up with a mat or ramp system to keep the ruts down somehow and probably plans to charge me more money for whatever he uses. Overall we are very frustrated attached is a pic of the entry point that I chopped most of the bushes down to get more sun in the area(they were going to remove them anyway)
IMG_4202.jpg

Wow... I was picturing a big slope in a tight space, but that is pretty flat. While we have had a wet late winter/early spring, it hasnt been that bad. It also seems odd that he is worried about your neighbor's pool equipment that is 5 feet away from your fence line. He is either super cautious or hires Stevie Wonder to do the excavating.

Hopefully the 40% chance of rain tonight doesnt hit and you can get the digging done this week.

Thanks JJ, basically he says that if its that wet(he put a 5ft probe into the ground and it sank pretty quick), that the plumbing for the pool may be in danger if its laid out flat like most pb's do(theirs was RS btw). So he doesnt want to cause us to buy my neighbor new pool equipment....I just dont see it happening but hey hes the expert right...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.