New Pool in Frisco TX

Jimmie48

Dec 13, 2019
Frisco, TX
Hi all I am very new to the TFP space but have friends that have been raving about it so here I am. My wife and I have been meeting with pool builders in the North Texas (frisco) area recently and are getting close to building a pool. I will post a full build thread soon once we get started but we are considering a number of builders in the area. I wanted to share a couple of designs with you experts and get some thoughts. FYI we are on a greenbelt which is rare in our area with a raised retaining wall behind our yard. We have had all kinds of suggestions in our area from piers to injections to nothing because of our soil with all differing opinions.

I wont get into too much detail but here are a couple of the designs, Some pool builders say we can be as close to the house as 5ft some say better to stay farther(waterline). Most concerning to us is most amount of pool in the safest distance from issue aka retaining wall and house.

Two different designs we like so far, but we have issues with both.

For one thing PB1 does not warranty their plumbing for nearly as long...but they do not heat bend pvc.

PB2 does heat bend but they warranty longer...

PB2 has a bigger pool build but the materials are lesser.....ie Belgard vs travertine.
PB1 Pool is smaller but has nicer finishes...ie Travertine coping, decking, more lights etc...but less deck.

Anyway just wanted to intro myself as I am sure I will become a fairly active user on the site and look forward to the opinions/suggestions here.

Thanks so much

Attachments

• Hauk B D3_002.jpg
    Hauk B D3_002.jpg
    532.4 KB · Views: 304
  • HAUK B D3_003.jpg
    HAUK B D3_003.jpg
    578.5 KB · Views: 298
Hi and welcome to TFP! So glad you found us now! We can make sure you get the best pool for your home and money!

A warranty is only as good as the people who stand behind it. You can ask for references to ask if they had any warranty issues and how they were handled. A good question to ask is "Would you have them work for you again?".

Lets talk about your overall pool plans.

-What are your depths?
-List the equipment with model numbers
-Show us a picture of your yard with the wall you talk about.

Call your local zoning people and see what the area's rules are on how far the pool needs to be from walls, window, and doors. Some areas say windows need to be shatter resistant or such if they are xx close to the pool. Work on facts to make sure it is allowed.

I would get some more quotes. I try for 5 but will settle on 3 if that is all I can get.

I would go with the biggest pool and decking you can get for your money. Don't be afraid to say "Hey PB A will you step up and try to beat PB B's price/material?" It can't hurt if you do it nicely!

Kim:kim:

Reactions: Jimmie48
Hey neighbor. We also are just wrapping up a build on top of a retaining wall and likely had the same concerns. We ended up going with a small PB who worked with an independent engineer to come up with a custom solution. Most of the other PB were guessing at piers and other things without even really looking at the wall. The engineer was < $1000 and made a few modifications to the design to make sure we didnt have any issues. . In my mind, money well spent.

You can check out my build thread below, and feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

I seriously like the prestige version. Do you have kids who will want to dive? You'll need a deeper pool...at least 7'. Otherwise you'll be on constant prowl to remind folks "no diving!" and that gets tiresome.... ask me how I know.

I wouldn't feel that Belgard pavers are lesser quality than travertine. Those Belgard pavers can be gorgeous! Some folks have said their travertine chips here and there.... which it can being a natural stone.

As to the heat formed PVC... feh. Non-issue, IMO. As to lights- you're the boss. Tell them what YOU want.

Maddie :flower:

Thanks for all the replies! Wow I was not expecting so much so quick. FYI the pool we are looking for is more of a play pool 3.5-5-4 configuration. We may go to 5.5 in the middle but we are pretty short family so not looking for almost unusable pool space.

I will get the equipment with model numbers asap as I have yet to see model numbers just sheets on what the equipment will be. FYI we have met with 6 companies in the Frisco/Prosper area now including the biggest and most well known. Took the wife to one Hauk today and she really liked the travertine so I think we are going with it no matter what for the decking...its 6x12 pavers in silver. The coping will be a lighter travertine color. FYI Jandy equipment is repped by both the PB's on our list currently and we are evaluating others. More updates to come!

Hi All,

Again thanks so much for the replies. Here is the final design. The 18inch wall lines up with the raised spa. We have a greenbelt behind us with a walking path so we wanted a little privacy while being in the pool but not so high that we block the view. Overall I think it will be a perfect height. Will post the build sheet on Monday when we paper sign the write ins for materials. Thanks all!

Attachments

• Beacon_Final_001.jpg
    Beacon_Final_001.jpg
    581.9 KB · Views: 231
  • Beacon_Final_002.jpg
    Beacon_Final_002.jpg
    600.4 KB · Views: 231
Reactions: VOSE Okie
Oh how pretty!!!! LOVE both picks!! We call Blue Surf Blue Smurf as the cream plaster is the same color as Papa Smurf!! It makes some very pretty water color!

That tile is very pretty. Is it glass or porcelain? If it is glass you need to think about what color of mastic to use as different colors under glass can change the color of the tile. You also need to think about the color of grout you want to use. White will make each tile pop where a gray grout will blend them into each other. BOTH are very pretty. It is a matter of personal preference.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No, isn't the pretty blues in 1" tiles the water line tile?? That's why I got confused about the larger bottom tile being shown.

Addendum- OMG.. I'm looking at your countertop or table and thinking you're putting *that* someplace! DUH! It just hit me... :laughblue: ignore me, please! :laughblue:

Equipment List:
>Jandy Pro Series ePump #VSSHP270AUT
>Jandy Pro Series 80gpm #WFTR80
>CL Cartridge Filter #CL580
>Jandy Pro Series JXI Pool Heater #JXI400NK
> Jandy Pro Series RS4 P AND S With iAquaLink #rs-ps4 and #iq20-a
> Jandy Pro Series LED Underwater Light #JLU4C12W100
>Polaris 280 vac-sweep blue/white #f5tr
>Polaris PB4SQ BOOSTER PUMP .97HP #PB4SQ
>1.5 HP SPA BLOWER #PSB215
>NATURE 2 FUSION INGROUND #FUSION

Only items I see is dropping the Fusion thing (it adds metals to the water, that will stain) and eliminate the pressure side cleaner. Very inefficient. Get a robot. Cleans better with far less electricity use.

Reactions: Jimmie48
Final Renderings. Permits are in progress. Hope to start digging soon! FYI Dimensions are 35x15 3.5-5-4ft 510sf perimeter 750sf of Decking

Attachments

• Final_010.jpg
    Final_010.jpg
    560.3 KB · Views: 153
  • Final_004.jpg
    Final_004.jpg
    596.6 KB · Views: 161
  • Final_009.jpg
    Final_009.jpg
    565.3 KB · Views: 160
  • Final_008.jpg
    Final_008.jpg
    580.2 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Permits are clear! Finally...looks like we are about 10 days out from the big dig...will post updates soon

Quick question for you all...they mentioned that my neighbors internet line is in the path of where they will be moving the machines and shuttling the dirt. Have any of you had to have an above ground line installed for a neighbor so the PB can see where the line is at all times?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.