New Pool Help

Centex21

Gold Supporter
May 24, 2020
Round Rock, TX
Ive been using the forum and it is a great forum.
I ended up getting rid of our PB and completing our pool build after the rebar/dig phase.
16000 gal free form pool with a quartzscapes finish.
i will have a swg system when Im all completed.
Finished plaster last Thursday and been brushing the plaster. My former pool builders project manager came by Friday and got my system running and did use some chemicals to get me started. I could not be here. He left the system running 24\7.
He had me add some liquid chlorine and 2 cases of muratic acid which I did. Pool color is clear but Im now wondering what I need to do.
Ive read this forum but not too chemistry savy. A builder by trade and was able to build this thing but need some help!
i know I cant add salt until after 30 days but want to swim and not damage the plaster. Took a water sample to our local pool chain store and have the following readings:
PH 6.5
ALK 40
CYA 0
FAC 0
CH 100
TAC 1
Po 100
MT 0
TDS n/a
can anyone help me along? Is the water swimmable?

You probably know by now we dont trust poolstore test result. Please order a properTest Kits Compared and get the speedstir. Use PoolMath app to add at least 5 ppm worth of liquid chlorine and 40ppm of CYA using the sock method. When you get your test kit post the results. If water is clear and is chlorinated it is safe to swim.

Those results look to be from a basic OTO tester. Not near accurate enough, especially for taking care of new plaster. How does the water look?

I would suggest the TF-100...... www.tftestkits.net Get the salt test version as you'll need to monitor your salt levels also.

Right now you want about 40ppm CYA in the water along with 5-7ppm of Free Chlorine at all times (to never drop below 3ppm).
Follow this chart --> FC/CYA Levels
Being in Texas if your FC isn't lasting you may need to up the CYA... talk to us before you do so, ok? Later on your CYA will be raised for the SWG.

Maddie

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.