New pool, first time owner

SWEET! That looks wonderful!

Yeah there is some work to be done BUT just think.........when you get all hot and sweaty you can just jump in the pool to cool off!

That is going to pretty when you get it all done. It is already pretty!

Have fun!

Kim

Thanks guys, it was truely a team effort in that the PB pointed us in the right direction. The wife and i were on the same page as far as colors, ect.

Our PB even told us he uses the same subs as the big guys do, he just didn't have their overhead as in a showroom or sales staff, etc. What that brings is that you wait for the subs. Then you wait for them to come out and finish the few items that were not done or couldn't be done at the time they were last here. If your job is smaller than someone else, then you will be pushed back. We lost just about a week because the main sub forgot about the auto-fill line to the pool(PB puts in every pool he builds) and the spa light had some kind of issue that i didn't understand. Well it took them just about a week to come out and fix those issues. The next day we passed final electrical and pre-deck inspections and decking could go down. It's hard when you know the process could be faster yet isn't.

Alright guys, never heard of this. Got home yesterday and noticed a new green sticker on the pool builder sign(he never put up a building prem.) It said to return grade to pre-build condition. Now i have told the PB that i was going to do about 1/2 half of that myself which is taking me some time to complete. one or two of the areas is where i will add my old patio that i took up to make room for the new deck. So i do not want these areas graded because i'm going to add pavers on top of the dirt. So my question is, is this a binding inspection or is it a suggestion?

I'm not sure but you could call the city and ask, our permit department is pretty helpful about things like that. I also know they are supposed to clearly display that building permit at the job site, perhaps its because the inspector didn't see it? But it would be good to check to make sure there is one and what the sticker means from the city while you are checking on it.

Don't know why but can't upload anymore pictures,even with tapatalk. Coming along with fixxing yard back and PB just put the salt in 4 days ago. He still has 3 small items to do and i still have to pay for the items that we went over on. The decking went over by 70ft which was still worth it even if it was expensive and the LED lights which make night time so much more fun. If you can afford the LED lights that change colors, get them!

f969250a32335d7c18bf9e75f47cf3bb.jpg
ca5e797d613d58134ddeb0447200daa6.jpg

Yeah, can up load again. Just some of the landscaping and clean up pictures for an update.

1254e4b14ee52b61ae00149e9067fd81.jpg
3836fea5f3053401b7f3d791729665cf.jpg

More pictures for a different view. The PB finished the few little items that were outstanding. Hooking up the auto-fill so i can finish cutting the patio stones was the biggest one holding me up. Cutting concrete stones is so much fun!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
LOL. I was just trying to get some new pictures up and it said they failed. I was going to reply to your's hoping to get you some pictures. Looks like you beat me to the punch. Our travertine is call Noce or something like that but it's not slippery at all. I was suprised how this stone is not hot in the sun either. You are blessed with it not being much more than good pavers because our's was very expensive but we love it. Can't beat the look.

612c0ed16fa9f508dced6bfb48d78558.jpg
0a8cf1ec4a95feef29611bb528131c87.jpg
4e909a3ac50e01978f0a0f797b2d46b5.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

They are some kind of therapeutic jets, sorry but i can't remember the brand or name. They work very well.

2234fd00530093dc57145b9a6c4dcbc7.jpg

PB at last got me the deck drain so i can finish this deck area.
I'm ending up using a mix of Southwest and tropical plants because we do see the mid teens in winter time and not many tropical plants come back from being that cold. Then next is to figure out what is killing what little St. Augustine grass i had left over after pool construction.

jojoman, do you have any pictures that show the color of the spa and pool next to each other? I want a finish that makes them both look like the same color, which seems to be the case with your choice. Our spa is inground though, not elevated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.