New Pool Cypress, TX Pics

Bmoreswim and VegasKid thanks for the added info on temp.

We weren't planning on getting in it for a while,you have to understand my husband's sense of humor...he's from Canada and I think some of the humor got lost in the writing.

More rain and more delays...glad it didn't rain during the fill. I was reading on the forums that rain during the fill could cause the color to be uneven or drippy looking.

After 2 days the pool is finally full. Now on to the spa fill.

PB dropped off all the equipment accessories and we found a Pentair Racer
cleaner instead of the Kreepy Krawly Platinum. It was a nice surprise to see this. I know it's their latest model and there might not be much info yet but, I was wondering does anyone else have this and tried it out?[/URL]

Let me know how you like the Pentair Racer , the PB just dropped ours in the other day & seems to keep getting stuck .

We finally got the upgraded spraydeck samples from the Mr. PB. It actually looks nice. Mr. PB said it helps hide the dirt a bit better and I like how it blends with the travertine with the multiple colors. So basically the upgrade is a base color of your choice and then they go and apply 3 different colored speckles of spraydeck material on top of your base color. I personally like the color that blends with our travertine but Hubby was thinking of going with a darker color to make the pool outline stand out a bit. He hasn't seen this upgrade material yet and might go with the one that blends better. I am open to any suggestions anyone has :).

Here are pics of 3 samples. You can pick any color combination from the spraydeck base samples.

Closer views of lighter sample

Also some recent pics of the water color after the addition of the acid and brushing. Green tint cleared up but in this pic there's a bit of dirt on the bottom still and leaves. Gives you an idea of what the final color will be.

Sparkly shimmery water effect from glass beads

That's really cool looking spray deck. Thanks for the heads up on it. I really like the look. Do you know the brand?

I don't think it will be an option for ours, as our PB does the "kool deck" via the "fling it on with a massive brush" method.

Your water color is fantastic.

I think I like the darker color. When I think of blending on stuff I've done, I end up with, "he tried to match it but it looks like he tried to match it and almost got it right". A little contrast does make the coping/pool stand out.

Yes, beautiful water and also great choice on that thin row of tile to the sides of the main wall!

Based on the pics I'd go with the middle color. Some contrast without worrying about extra heat on your feet.

Make sure they don't change color when wet. Hose the samples down if so to make sure it still matches.

Pool turned out nice. Hope to jump in tomorrow if the weather stays warm!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What is your decking right now? It looks nice as it is! Will the spray deck make it more slip resistant? I like all the samples but think a little contrast would look nice.

The decking in the picture was just poured concrete. Unfortunately the concrete is super slippery and really hot in the TX heat so we had the spray deck coating to help with the heat and to make it more slip resistant-which is important with kids running around.

I finally have completed pool pics with the finished deck. We ended up going with the middle color. It came out nice and really does help hide some of the dirt. We've been busy adding some plants,grass and working on an outdoor kitchen so I haven't been able to update with the final pics in a while.

Pics of pool taken at 1pm when we get full sunlight on our yard:

some pics of the kitchen that Hubby has been working on:

Kitchen will be stucco bottom with stained wooden cabinets (color is to match the patio ceiling). The eating area is bar height with a little raised area along the cooking area that is bar height for folks to put their drinks on. The counter will be gray marble and the raised back splash area will have the same turquoise tile that we used on the pool. I will post more pics of kitchen in the kitchen area of the forum.

Hopefully we will finish this backyard project before the end of summer....hoping to get things done by the end of June :).

I noticed some of back of the wall wasn't finished...are you planning on covering it up?

Yes we will be adding stucco to it, the same stuff we will be using on the kitchen. Hubby found a premixed stucco made by Styro company called Tuff II. Apparently you don't need the mesh and apply this directly. A little bit more than the conventional stucco mix but once you factor mesh cost in, the price is comparable. With the Tuff II you save some time on the labor. The reviews seemed decent too.

PB said we could get the back covered with the spray deck but wanted a couple hundred more...we decided to DIY since we were building a kitchen.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.