New pool- currently filling it for the first time

Momto4

Oct 19, 2017
Henderson, NV
So our new pool is *finally* being filled after a long 6 month build.

It's about 10 inches from being full. I'm estimating it to be finished around 7 pm tonight. The pool builder guy is coming tomorrow at 9 am to start it up.

I have just purchased the Taylor K2006 and it should arrive sometime tomorrow. I've read through TFPC for beginners and printed out a bunch of pages regarding chemicals and stuff.

Is there anything else I should be doing? Are there any questions I need to have hubs ask the pool guy tomorrow? (I work from 630-5)

Thanks!
b0e074980e066ae316f3a17b0b5e4f20.jpg
4059ed6bb258ed3bc2ede09599eff4ea.jpg

In most cases the pool builder will maintain the pool through the start up phase. It is often better to just "play dumb" until they turn the pool chemical additions over to you..:p

Thanks,

Jim R.

So our new pool is *finally* being filled after a long 6 month build.

It's about 10 inches from being full. I'm estimating it to be finished around 7 pm tonight. The pool builder guy is coming tomorrow at 9 am to start it up.

I have just purchased the Taylor K2006 and it should arrive sometime tomorrow. I've read through TFPC for beginners and printed out a bunch of pages regarding chemicals and stuff.

Is there anything else I should be doing? Are there any questions I need to have hubs ask the pool guy tomorrow? (I work from 630-5)

Thanks!
b0e074980e066ae316f3a17b0b5e4f20.jpg
4059ed6bb258ed3bc2ede09599eff4ea.jpg

What a beautiful pool!! Well worth the wait!! Enjoy!

If at all possible, record what the PB adds as far as chemical, along with volumes. Issue will be most do not measure. I suspect they will pour CYA powder into the skimmer and dump muriatic acid in the pool.

When you get your test kit do a pH, CH, and TA of the water used to fill the pool. I suspect it is Colorado River water and thus your pH should be about 8, CH of 250 ppm, and TA of 130 ppm. Record the test data you get.

I see you have an in deck trichlor chlorinator. It will be best if you not use that for daily maintenance. With minimal rain and thus no water replacement you will have very high CYA very quickly.

Take care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.