New pool construction Quartzscape or Stonescapes

sbalberti

Silver Supporter
Apr 21, 2017
Tyler Texas
Just about to break ground on a 18X40 rectangle pool. I've never owned a pool, but have been doing a lot of reading. I'm going with a A&A floor cleaning system. Chime in on the pros and cons if you have one of these systems. For the plaster I'd rather spend more up front and have a good product that lasts. I'm OCD so the chemicals will be very well maintained. With that, which lasts longer quartzscapes or stonescapes? My wife wants a bright rich blue water color. Those that have a color similar to a bright blue, can you share a pic of your pool and what color NPT plaster you used. Thanks in adavance for your help!

Hey, Welcome to TFP!

Pebble finishes are comsidered to be longer lasting than most anything except tile. Now there are thermo-polymers in play as well. Even a very good plaster job can easily last 15 or more years if it has a good life. Quartz will be smoother and cost less than Stonscapes, but it really comes down to personal preference. A well done Quartz or pebble should easily last 20-25 under good conditions. The Blue color you mention is very subjective, so are you thinking light, or dark colored finish? I prefer lighter ones by far, but there is no right or wrong color. So many options. We blended two colors for ours, but It's a different high end brand. The most important thing is getting a good applicator who cares about his work, because the quality of the job is way more important than the brand.

I'm going to discourage you from the in-floor system and suggest a high quality robot instead. Mind you, we don't hear much about the ones that are running great, but only those that have issues, and we hear it frequently about all of them. Repairs are a real PITA when sprayers get stuck up or down, and they just seem overly problematic. At least for my taste, and a high quality robot cleans more thoroughly anyway. They also don't remove leaves or other debris, so you're left with that as well. Just food for thought, but there will be others weighing in and sharing ideas, and hopefully some colors for you. We are all about tight Chemistry control around here, so you came to the right place for that. Hope you enjoy the forum.

Cheers!

Have they taken you to see and feel the finishes the have done in person? Some people with quartz complain that they have a very mottled look, while others look perfect. My neighbors quartz looks great, my cousin's pool is splotchy. I think it depends on the application. The stonescapes/pebble finishes, to me, look more even and consistent, but some people think it is too rough. But both should last many years if pool is taken care of properly.

Have they taken you to see and feel the finishes the have done in person? Some people with quartz complain that they have a very mottled look, while others look perfect. My neighbors quartz looks great, my cousin's pool is splotchy. I think it depends on the application. The stonescapes/pebble finishes, to me, look more even and consistent, but some people think it is too rough. But both should last many years if pool is taken care of properly.

Yes, My PB has taken us to a few of their builds to let us feel the texture and see the appearance. We've now decided to go with the Finest Finish Radiant Fusion Micro Pebble. Its got an awesome look and feel!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.