New Pool Build - TX

I understand that you have to maintain a working relationship with these people and I can also understand things happening that might cause some delays. But I seem to see a pattern in these forums of PBs constantly not delivering as they should be and most of the pool owners powerless to do much about it. Just seems messed up to me. If you say you're going to do something you should mean it, sounds like many of these PBs are chronic liars. As a self-employed person myself I try and treat all my customers with respect, set realistic timelines for delivering work and make them all happy regardless of the size of the job.

As far as trees go if you cut it right it will fall away from you and you can then plant a new one to take its place.

I understand that you have to maintain a working relationship with these people and I can also understand things happening that might cause some delays. But I seem to see a pattern in these forums of PBs constantly not delivering as they should be and most of the pool owners powerless to do much about it. Just seems messed up to me. If you say you're going to do something you should mean it, sounds like many of these PBs are chronic liars. As a self-employed person myself I try and treat all my customers with respect, set realistic timelines for delivering work and make them all happy regardless of the size of the job.

As far as trees go if you cut it right it will fall away from you and you can then plant a new one to take its place.

One of the reasons I decided to open a pool business based on truth. My perspective from two years in a large store, lead me to see things from a different angle. Yet there is no excuse for not treating every bloody customer with respect and thanks for you giving them business. It seemed a lot was based on non truths, dodging sticky questions concerning installs and you name it. A quick email, text or call could really make some customers feel better about the "service" they paid for. If you cant do what you promise, stop promising. Be honest up front, that way customers wont have false expectations of timelines. Surely these guys know from past history how long certain things take. You give them 40k and then you feel like you have to be nice to them when they do something wrong?

Something just isn't right!

I feel you on that. One of the reasons I chose my pb was because he seemed to be detail oriented and eager to please. He even told me repeatedly and still does actually that he just wants the customer to be happy and will bend over backwards to do so.
All talk.
I have to wonder about all the other pools these guys build. Is it even remotely possible that they get treated well and get things done properly and on time by just giving them a check and a smile ?
Perhaps all of us are so concerned and consider ourselves educated about it that we are all PITA's to them and that's why we (on here) all run into so many pb related issues?
Just a thought. I've caught my pb's crew doing do much shoddy work and try to pass it off with a proud look and a smile that I've come to the conclusion that they just aren't aware of what craftsmanship really is.
My .02

Haha!! Yeah that's hilarious. I came across that when researching for gunite waterfalls. So funny. I have two water crazed labradors who will probably try to imitate that very thing. But not while I am around.... no nails on the slide!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Some pictures of today's progress. They only got about 4 hrs worth of staining. Again, like all the other phases, it's very interesting to watch. Just an air compressor and paint gun, and a lot of artistic quality. He uses about 4-5 different colors of paint, and just about every color is used on each boulder but just in varying amounts to create the different colors. They are trying to mimic our oklahoma flagstone which has a general hue of tan/beige with orange, black, and brown accents. The overly orange colors will be toned down with some of the other colors.

The one on the left has been painted, and the one on the right has not.

Very cool to watch the technique - if even in still photos. I think that guy is in the grotto - Glock's cave is around back (right?) The structure is so beautiful and intricate, it's hard to keep all the features straight. Will the grotto/place the man is standing have a dedicated water curtain or will it just have the water coming down from the gravity of the waterfall? -Karen

Thanks all! Yes, zethacat the entire structure is gunite/concrete.

Karen, the cave is actually behind the grotto. You will be able to swim up and sit in the grotto, and then you climb out behind the grotto into the cave. As far as the water, it will just have the waterfall coming down from that large flat rock in front of his legs.

I should've asked Glock what color he preferred in there.

Oh and kimkats, yes the dogs will be allowed in the pool. They would probably murder me in my sleep if I forbid them to swim in their own backyard. Ty (my white lab) is certifiably nuts about water. We literally have to put him in the house anytime we bring out the water sprinkler for my toddler to play in the summer. He just bites and barks at the water.

The inspiration for my name:

Let's just say we could've built a modest pool for what the entire waterfall/slide/grotto feature added to the project. However, we knew that this was going to be a focal point and provide us year around enjoyment out of the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.