New pool build - Plaster 5-4-22(Southern California)

I believe so? This is what is getting installed. Is there something else I’d need?

Make sure the installer shows you that the dimmer function is working before you call the install complete.

Dig began last week. Rebar was installed a few days ago. Plumber coming in two days.

Crazy how fast things went after almost forgetting we were getting a pool with how long permits took.

Attachments

• DAAB4A33-7CEF-4153-80E7-F0AD9FE53FC3.jpeg
    DAAB4A33-7CEF-4153-80E7-F0AD9FE53FC3.jpeg
    754.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 28910332-B08B-4CA6-9728-1BB04A180C77.jpeg
    28910332-B08B-4CA6-9728-1BB04A180C77.jpeg
    400.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Reactions: BigPapaSmurf
Nice pool design! ;)

Thank you! Now that it’s been dug out we’re seeing in real life how short it is and trying to squeeze out as much space as we can. We’re thinking about taking out that step off of the shelf and either adding a few narrow steps on the house side off of the shelf or sinking some steps into the shelf itself. Having a hard time deciding.

Make sure the installer shows you that the dimmer function is working before you call the install complete.

Thanks for bringing more attention to the issue. I spoke with my PB today to make sure there was no confusion and get things written down. So yes I’m able to dim everything but not independently. That’s why he was recommending the 160 lights on the shelf. Pretty annoyed this wasn’t explained and given to me as a choice. Apparently I need a separate transistor for each light/set of lights to independently dim and change color. Adding two more transistors now which is annoying but whatever. Feels like pool technology is in the stone ages when it comes to lighting.

Anyways just wanted to say thank you for bringing this up because I would have never thought dimming and changing colors was such an ordeal.

You need separate transformers, not transistors, for each light circuit to be individually controlled - ON, OFF or DIMMED.

Thank you! Now that it’s been dug out we’re seeing in real life how short it is and trying to squeeze out as much space as we can. We’re thinking about taking out that step off of the shelf and either adding a few narrow steps on the house side off of the shelf or sinking some steps into the shelf itself. Having a hard time deciding.

That's how our initial design was. We changed it to what it is now because we felt that it ate up too much of the shelf.

Initial Pool Design.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That's how our initial design was. We changed it to what it is now because we felt that it ate up too much of the shelf.

View attachment 389786

I really like both designs. I’m trying to keep everything rectangular as that’s how my entire house and patio are. I’m kind of glad I didn’t see your initial design because I would have had a hard time saying no to that. We ultimately like you decided we wanted to keep the shelf untouched and are just going to add rectangular steps on the house side going down.

Day one of plumbing done. Any thoughts? I have no idea what’s going on lol

Attachments

• 692D7DF6-0865-4934-B6C8-201FF6D1C6B8.jpeg
    692D7DF6-0865-4934-B6C8-201FF6D1C6B8.jpeg
    392.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 224B35B5-78D2-469B-9ED6-374327BF35F5.jpeg
    224B35B5-78D2-469B-9ED6-374327BF35F5.jpeg
    698.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 68E8C81B-B0BC-4E16-A52D-90037F0CE04B.jpeg
    68E8C81B-B0BC-4E16-A52D-90037F0CE04B.jpeg
    813.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 389A0FD1-EC0B-471B-8B98-18008B2E50B6.jpeg
    389A0FD1-EC0B-471B-8B98-18008B2E50B6.jpeg
    805.4 KB · Views: 37
I see pipe labeled DWV in the first pic which is not the proper Schedule 40 pipe used for the pool water pipes. But it could be for an air line and I don’t know what you are building.

Read PVC Repair - Further Reading for more about the different types of PVC pipes.

Reactions: pjt
I see pipe labeled DWV in the first pic which is not the proper Schedule 40 pipe used for the pool water pipes. But it could be for an air line and I don’t know what you are building.

Read PVC Repair - Further Reading for more about the different types of PVC pipes.

Along the bench there’s going to be 6 spa type jets but no air blower. I believe it uses a pipe open to atmosphere to suck in air if I remember correctly? So maybe for that. There’s also 2 lighted bubblers on the shelf. Maybe something related to that? I’ll find it and walk it out see where it goes.

I believe this is the pipe you are seeing. It has dwv on it but also says SCH 40 does that mean schedule 40? It goes to this T on the far wall of the deep end. It does say ASTM D 1785 like your link says so I think it’s ok?

Side note, what are those pipes for? Thanks for checking it out

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    437.3 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    768.7 KB · Views: 13
Yup, I just saw the DWV on it.

You should have blueprints of your pool to know what the pipes are for. What documents are the plumber using?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.