New Pool Build Pearland, TX (Houston area)

Thank you. We love it! :) The kids love their "pretty as a peacock" tile and are so jumping up and down excited to swim soon. Maybe Monday! We had to try out the waterfall (will be adjusting the flow over the middle rock) and we love the lights. So who else has to brush their plaster in the rain?

Wow! I just keep saying 'Wow' to myself over and over! Your water color is beautiful, and it will get better and better. The night shots really show off the zen lines of your pool. I'm torn - the rolled edge of your spa has been my favorite, but now that I see the rock waterfall, well, that's magnificent!! I can't wait to see it all in person on our 2017 TFP magical mystery tour of pools!

Btw, I love the rustic fence look behind the waterfall! It gives the whole Tropical Isle thing authenticity! :laughblue: (sorry, I couldn't resist - I know that's on your To Do list)

That waterfall is awesome! I really like the travertine!

Thank you. We are so happy with how the Silver travertine came out. :)

Wow! I just keep saying 'Wow' to myself over and over! Your water color is beautiful, and it will get better and better. The night shots really show off the zen lines of your pool. I'm torn - the rolled edge of your spa has been my favorite, but now that I see the rock waterfall, well, that's magnificent!! I can't wait to see it all in person on our 2017 TFP magical mystery tour of pools!

Btw, I love the rustic fence look behind the waterfall! It gives the whole Tropical Isle thing authenticity! :laughblue: (sorry, I couldn't resist - I know that's on your To Do list)

Thank you Suz. The water was hardly greenat all to start and is so clear. I was able to see the screws on the drains a couple of days ago.

Yep, hoping PB fixes that fence soon. They had to enter in two spots and the planks are all loose and falling apart. I've had to prop them up the best I could through those storms.

SO pretty! The things you have to do for your kids pool! LOL

Will they be able to direct more water to the middle rock? I know of like it how it is though!

Kim:cat:

Yes, we are able to adjust the cap rock and we can add smaller stones on top to direct water flow. :)

So how often should PB be coming out to test the water? They are on vacation and their pool person last came on Friday. He was supposed to send PB test results to see if we could swim yesterday, but we haven't heard anything yet. I tried to test myelf the last two days.

Two days ago using the PB supplied Pentair test kit it seemed:

CL - 3 or higher
PH - 6.8
Alkalinity - 40

Yesterday with Pentair see last two photos too
CL - 3 or higher
PH - ? what so you think it is?
Alkalinity - 40

Yesterday with TF-100 see first photo.

CL - 3
PH - 7.5

What else should I test?

- - - Updated - - -

Use the TF-100 test for pH, clearly 7.5. The TF-100 test for FC (yellow) is just basically to tell you if you have none or some in the pool. Personally my eyes see 2-5 FC as pretty much the same color. I've never used that test. I always use the powder route with a 10 ml sample size. Discard the other test. There's no reason to do the above comparison between tests, just get good at the TF-100 version.

Use the TF-100 test for pH, clearly 7.5. The TF-100 test for FC (yellow) is just basically to tell you if you have none or some in the pool. Personally my eyes see 2-5 FC as pretty much the same color. I've never used that test. I always use the powder route with a 10 ml sample size. Discard the other test. There's no reason to do the above comparison between tests, just get good at the TF-100 version.

Ok thanks. I'll just use the TF-100. Wanted to how they compare. TF-100 is definitely easier to read. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have come back to look at your gorgeous pool several times now...really stunning! I love your waterfall! Makes me wish we had done one, except for the wasps it would have attracted. We have a serious mud dauber issue here.

I have come back to look at your gorgeous pool several times now...really stunning! I love your waterfall! Makes me wish we had done one, except for the wasps it would have attracted. We have a serious mud dauber issue here.

The waterfall and spa were the two required items for our pool. ;) We have mud dauber issues too and it didn't help to have so much mud during construction. We also tried a Monarch garden last year, but the wasps took most of the caterpillars, so we had to transfer and tent as soon as I found any. :(

Fire, do you have the SpeedStir? If not, it's a must!

Yes, got that too, but haven't used it yet. I've just done the chlorine and PH test.

Got to swim yesterday! When we told the kids their reaction was like Christmas. :)

Crew cleaned up the debris and graded around the pool. Let's hope the weather holds for spray deck tomorrow.

Can you post some closer pics of the spa overflow? I have a large opening like yours, but without the lip coming over the opening. I'm considering adding a bit of travertine like you have to make a lip. Thanks!

Does this angle work or do you a different angle?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.