New Pool Build - Marin, CA - Finished

The wood is just temporary for when they pour the concrete in. There is also a bunch of rebar inside those wood forms. Once the concrete is poured in and it dries they remove the wood.

All of those concrete walls will be covered by stone veneer. So don't worry about the those small lines where the concrete came out, those will be covered up the stone veneer (good catch though!).

THIS week??? As in by the weekend???? Oh that is going to be fun to watch!!! Make sure your phone is charged and ready to go!!!

Do you have a watering system thought of yet? You will want to water the shell to help it cure slower. Some people use a sprinkler and some have used soaker hoses.

Kim:kim:

The wood is just temporary for when they pour the concrete in. There is also a bunch of rebar inside those wood forms. Once the concrete is poured in and it dries they remove the wood.

All of those concrete walls will be covered by stone veneer. So don't worry about the those small lines where the concrete came out, those will be covered up the stone veneer (good catch though!).
With board formed concrete being the rage these days there are probably people dying knowing that you're covering yours up

There are manufacturers that made board formed veneer stone:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: kimkats
Yeah we are not a fan of the "concrete" look! But to each their own I suppose.

Luckily we have some light rain on tap for this week, hopefully that will help with curing it slower. But I'll follow-up and make sure it gets the additional water if needed. Thanks for the tip!

I've been tardy on updates but we had our shotcrete day for the pool :love:. I've been diligently watering it every day :paddle:. Fun to see it start to come together.

They weren't able to do the shotcrete for the adjacent elevated spa as we are still waiting on our local utility (PG&E) to re-route our electrical/gas which resides where the spa will eventually go. Here are some updated pics!

You can see the pool layout a little better now. We went with lots of bench seating (at different heights). Sun shelf in the middle. Lots of stairs for easy ingress/egress. It's a party pool so we kept the depth at 4' -> 4'8".

There is going to be a grotto in the corner (top right) with a waterfall into the pool. And then spa will be adjacent to the house and spill into the pool (at the bottom of the 1st picture). The main pool will have a double infiniti edge (pouring over on the left and top of the 1st pic).

It's been a long road and the elevation of the site has definitely proven difficult. But I'm hoping it will all be worth when we'll be sipping Margaritas in the pool ?.

Last edited:
Reactions: Don_TLR and NorCalX

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey John - sadly there has been zero progress. We are pretty much waiting on our local utility provider to move our gas line. Although we initiated the request back in November, it is verrrrrrrry slow moving for them.

The gas line runs where the spa is and we have built around it as much as we can but now we can't go any further until the line is moved. We prepped the new gas line and are just waiting for PG&E to install the meter, hopefully in a week or two.

Once that is in we can start up work again.

Hey John - sadly there has been zero progress. We are pretty much waiting on our local utility provider to move our gas line. Although we initiated the request back in November, it is verrrrrrrry slow moving for them.

The gas line runs where the spa is and we have built around it as much as we can but now we can't go any further until the line is moved. We prepped the new gas line and are just waiting for PG&E to install the meter, hopefully in a week or two.

Once that is in we can start up work again.

Man I am sure you all are chomping at the bit to get that done. Really like to complexity if your build.

Please keep us updated!!

John

Sorry for the lack of replies. It's been a long road on this project. We were finally able to get our utilities moved so progress on the pool has started up again. Tomorrow is a shotcrete day for the spa and the grotto. I'll show some pics once that is done!

Just went out and took a few quick pics before the shotcrete tomorrow. You can see all the plumbing for the spa right now (mostly lights and jets). The spa and the grotto are scheduled for shotcrete over the next few days.

Attachments

• Pool WIP 1.jpg
    Pool WIP 1.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 94
  • POOL WIP 2.jpg
    POOL WIP 2.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 95

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.