New Pool Build - Marin, CA - Finished

I feel bad for all the people that went through 9 pages of this thread and didn't get their pics. I promise they will come!! We are just a month or so away now. It has been a really, really, really long build plagued by so many covid related delays. But it is just about there. I just want to show the final pics when everything looks nice. Thanks for waiting so long!

Reactions: Newdude
My apologies, this update is waaaaaaaaay overdue. We are finally done with the pool project. The landscaping has had a little time to grow in.

I'm so sorry I didn't provide more updates in the final stages. Life got really busy. But better late than never :)

Ok so here are some of the before / construction pictures:
IMG_5778.jpgIMG_5787.jpgIMG_0708.jpgIMG_0715.jpgPiers 2.jpgIMG_4286.jpgPool12.jpgP1b.jpgP1a.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
And here are the finished pictures. A big thank you to this amazing forum and resource. I was definitely more of a lurker than a poster but I read so many threads on the millions of decisions you need to make when building a pool. Ultimately, it was super helpful and this community helped shape the pool of our dreams.

IMG_9718.JPGIMG_9720.jpgIMG_9725.jpgIMG_9730.jpgIMG_9752.jpgIMG_9623.JPGIMG_9635.JPGIMG_9663 2.JPG

Last edited:
Some learnings I had:

- Building a pool on a hill is hard and $$$.
- Building a pool during a pandemic takes a long, long time.
- Asking your utility to move a gas line takes a long, long time.
- Doing a pool when you are also renovating your house takes a long, long time.

Ultimately, we are super happy with how things turned out and we use the pool a ton. I always wanted that double infiniti edge for the pool and spa and I think it turned out great.

The grotto is a ton of fun and has a bunch of spa jets in there as well. My wife did the design for the grotto and I love how it turned out. I think in retrospect we put in a few too many benches for the pool area but it isn't that big of a deal.

We did have the builder put in about 6 holes for the sun umbrellas to go in the benches and sun shelf and that turned out to be a life saver. On hot/sunny days being able to put the umbrellas in and take them out when done just works great.

We went with an in-ground pool cover for the pool and spa. It works amazing when it works. That being said it has had to be repaired a few times but not a huge deal. The cover helps reduce water loss and also helps heat up the pool.

We were very thankful to be able to do this project. Special thanks to @kimkats and everyone else on the forum for the kind words of encouragement. Happy to answer any questions you have.

Last edited:
Reactions: kernul

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.