New Pool Build - League City TX

Feb 4, 2017
Tx
We are in the process of meeting with Pool companies to build a SWG pool in League City. So far we have 2 quotes but are leaning toward the 2nd. We want a spa, waterfall and the option to add a slide (typhoon) later. Here is the 2nd pool builders design (we had him change some things and delete the landscaping for now).
33182203731_f0dbcb142d_z_d.jpg
32927568420_c0c523a1c5_z_d.jpg

CUSTOM POOL PACKAGE INCLUDES: (33 ½’ x 16 ½’)

1. UP TO 80’ PERIMETER POOL 6’ MAX DEPTH W/ 1 ¼” EASED EDGE TRAVERTINE COPING & BASIC 6” WATER LINE TILE
  2. 9-11 RETURN LINES (VARIATION IN HEIGHT) & 3 BUBBLERS
  3. 2 SKIMMERS with 2” SUCTION LINES ON 45* ANGLES
  4. 2 ANTI-VORTEX MAIN DRAINS with 2” SUCTION LINES ON 45 ANGLES
  5. STEEL DETAIL: 3/8” REBAR 8” O.C., 4” O.C. ON ALL DEPTH TRANSITIONS GREATER THAN 5’ IN DEPTH, 4 - #4, ½” REBAR ON BOND BEAM
  6. GUNITE SHELL: 6.1 (SACKS/SAND) RATIO; 4000 PSI
  7. POOL EQUIPMENT PAD, SHOT with GUNITE & STEEL REINFORCEMENT
  8. HAYWARD ECOSTAR VARIABLE SPEED EE PUMP
  9. HAYWARD C 7030 CARTRIDGE FILTER
  10. 2 HAYWARD UNIVERSAL LED COLOR POOL LIGHT

1. AQUA LOGIC CONTROL SYSTEM WITH WIRELESS AQUA POD REMOTE
  2. HAYWARD AQUA VAC POOL CLEANER w/ GFCI OUTLET (if needed)
  3. AUTOFILL / OVERFLOW SYSTEM
  4. AQUA RITE SALT SYSTEM - 40,000
  5. PLASTER FINISHES; QUARTZSCAPES: Barbados Blue Plaster Option

CUSTOM SPA PACKAGE INCLUDES:

1. 7 ½’ ROUND SPA w/ 18” BEAM, RAISED 12”, 3’ MAX DEPTH W/ 1 ¼” EASED EDGE TRAVERTINE COPING, SPLITFACE STONE OR 6” BASIC TILE SPA SURROUND AND 6” BASIC WATER LINE TILE
  2. 6’ FLAT SPILL WAY
  3. 8 HAYWARD MASSAGE JETS w/ PULSE-FLO & ADJUSTA-FLO HEADS
  4. 2 ANTI-VORTEX MAIN DRAINS with 2 1/2” SUCTION LINES ON 45* ANGLES

1. HAYWARD H-SERIES 500,000 LOW NOX HEATER
  2. SILENCER 2 HP AIR BLOWER
  3. HAYWARD UNIVERSAL LED SPA LIGHT
A. SIGNATURE SPA: BULLNOSE BEAM ON INSIDE OF SPA WITH GLASS TILE

MOSS ROCK WATERFALL…………………….………………….…………... 4 TON MOSS ROCK WATERFALL
NATURAL STONE SEALER…………………………………………………….2 GALLONS STONE SEALER
ADDITIONAL TRISTAR EE PUMPS……..……………….………..2 HP (Includes all Plumbing & Electric Runs)
ADDITIONAL HAYWARD LED LIGHTS……………………… POOL
AREA DRAIN…………………………………….………...........................ADD 150’ OF 4” AREA DRAINS
ADD 3 CATCH BASINS
PLUMBING FOR FUTURE SLIDE………………………………………………….
(Includes Suction & Return Lines)

My Questions?
Does this pool equipment look ok?
Do I need to seal the travertine and our flagstone patio?

The equipment looks good to me. Other should be along to give it an extra look as well.

9-11 return lines??? That is a LOT of returns. Do you have any idea where they will all go?

I LOVE the design! It will be fun to watch them put the waterfall together. It will be interesting to see how the build it with the slide in mind for the future.

You should not need to seal you flagstone and such. It can cause it be to slippery so there is that to think about.

Kim:kim:

That looks awesome! I am new to the site as well, so I really have no input since we are still waiting on our permit:D, but I love your design!! Making me wish we put a slide in our design! Can't wait to see the build!

Jen

The equipment looks good to me. Other should be along to give it an extra look as well.

9-11 return lines??? That is a LOT of returns. Do you have any idea where they will all go?

I LOVE the design! It will be fun to watch them put the waterfall together. It will be interesting to see how the build it with the slide in mind for the future.

You should not need to seal you flagstone and such. It can cause it be to slippery so there is that to think about.

Kim:kim:

Thanks, I'm not sure about the return lines. I'll have to ask the PB. I think if we do seal it we'll just do it ourselves.

The people we sold our playset to are supposed to come this weekend and get it and then we'll be ready to start building. We had the last PB come out Monday so we should have a quote from him soon. Hopefully we'll get this pool in before summer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.