New Pool Build - League City, TX - Help and opinions welcome

Hey Amanda! Your decking looks great! We got back from Colorado yesterday and back into the heat of Texas. O-M-G! 110 degrees is so bad compared to the 50 degrees I had Monday morning in Colorado! Yikes I need a pool!

So who is confident enough in their Tiling and Coping guy to trust them to finish while you are on vacation? Well I guess that's me. Our guys needed to finish tile and the stacked stone hot tub and after much discussion about exactly what I wanted with the tile guy we gave them the green light. While in Colorado this happened:

3952159202c9da96d610ee906633791f.jpg

beach entry coping

1d309ff05cd15b46c6518072b4f1a04d.jpg

Moss rock to sit on and soak feet in the beach entry

c90c151d0d5c1d8f4d53e8c02ba43293.jpg

31f320721eb7196f6fff261d62ae60c9.jpg

c31814632f1baf5bf3a35a11be3e8566.jpg

4a25529fbe7c49ac7d69af8332902d0b.jpg

steps to waterfall

b6dd039a244a4df531f22b54c2c04465.jpg

We're happy! Just a few small punch list things for the tile and coping guys but a great job while I was on vacation to stay on schedule.

Now the schedule is:
Wednesday - plumber finishes deck drain line to curb
Thursday - deck framing
Friday - city inspection (gotta sweat talk the guy into letting me keep the outdoor sink tied to deck drain line because it's not normally allowed in our city)
Tuesday next week - deck pouring
Wednesday next week - start on patio structure
Target finish of project is 1st week of September! Still plenty hot enough to swim!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Geeesh, Flounder!!! I feel like I've missed your actual pool build. When you began steel is when I started plaster and pool fill. Life has been a whirl since then. I was 4 PAGES behind on your build. But it's kind of fun in a way since it seems like it was all done in about 30 minutes or so!!! Lol!! I still haven't caught up on all my buddies' threads.

I absolutely love your pool! You have so many unique features - really cool. You did some amazing planning and research!!! And your pool looks much larger than the specs say. Maybe that's because of the shape. It's just a wonderful shape.

The weeping wall and waterfall are going to be jaw-dropping! I can't get over the inspiration picture you posted with the color LED lights. That is stunning. I think for your space you are getting the perfect size. Too big and it would have looked overwhelming. The crew did a fabulous job on the all the rock selections and placement - so natural looking and beautiful. I CANNOT wait to see the water rushing over.

Your spa looks terrific too. The tile looks great on the spillway. I bet it's going to look like a bit of sky with water flowing over. And btw, my coping was installed before the waterline tile. I'm not sure why, and I didn't think to ask. They had both coping and tile materials at the pool. I guess it's what the tile guy was used to doing.

What pool finish did ya'll decide to go with? Or maybe I missed the final decision..... very possible for me.

Ya'll are going to love having a pool!!!! I'm so in love with our pool! In fact, I'm headed out there now!!!!

Not much longer now!!!! Sorry I've been away from your thread. It's a great build!!!
Take care,
Suz

Hi Suz! Sorry it's taken a while to reply! Thank you for the kind words! I really cannot wait to get this thing completed. We have decided on Antigua (just like Amanda!) but I've asked my PB about the costs for a Prism matrix upgrade. He hasn't got back to me but I think someone said it would probably be around $5000. If that's the case then we will stick with Antigua and likely add some abalone shells.

Deck framers came on Friday and we were supposed to pour today. But of course I was called yesterday afternoon and it was pushed back a day. So if all goes well we will pour our deck tomorrow. I'll post pictures soon!

Getting the deck is one of my favorite stages. It's goodbye to the mud and dirt, and connects the pool to the house. I didn't feel as separated from the pool. But mostly I loved having much less mud and dirt!!
Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.