New pool build in South Florida .. finally! [Tons of pics]

Thanks, guys, I'll get back to chemicals later this week.

Another question, we're installing the Pentair IC30 (pool is roughly 12k gallons). From the Pentair website, it says they have two systems the iChlor and the IntelliChlor. So, I was going over the equipment that we have at our house the IC30 is already installed but I noticied the power unit says "IntelliChlor power unit" on the box. Are there from two different systems? What am I getting? and will it play nice with my EasyTouch?

@Jimrahbe Can you answer the question above?

Also, the system that I have is the PSL4, I don't believe the PB will include the ScreenLogic Wireless Connector, therefore I need to buy that on my own in order to be able to use my phone right? Also, is it hard to install on my own?

gnr,

Both the IChlor and the IntelliChlor both use the same power supply. Your EasyTouch should be able to control your SWCG..

If I were a pool builder, I would be ashamed to install a PSL4.. The "L" stands for lite as in lite salad dressing... It has a very limited set of functions. :(

I see you have 1.5 HP VS pump.. I assume this is a Pentair SuperFlo VS.. If so, it can not be controlled by an EasyTouch, because it does not have an RS-485 connection.

ScreenLogic is often sold with the PSL4 ...

Thanks,

Jim R.

gnr,

Both the IChlor and the IntelliChlor both use the same power supply. Your EasyTouch should be able to control your SWCG..

If I were a pool builder, I would be ashamed to install a PSL4.. The "L" stands for lite as in lite salad dressing... It has a very limited set of functions. :(

I see you have 1.5 HP VS pump.. I assume this is a Pentair SuperFlo VS.. If so, it can not be controlled by an EasyTouch, because it does not have an RS-485 connection.

ScreenLogic is often sold with the PSL4 ...

Thanks,

Jim R.
Sighhhhhhhhh

Thanks for your response, I do have the SuperFlo. I'll contact the PB about it

Finish that thing already!!! Might be full already with all this rain we have been getting.

Waiting for you to finish yours dude! Its been a month of nothing around here. Yup its almost full now lol
Your WAYY closer than I am.
Mine has about 30" of water (It was empty last Thursday). I empty it often but its hard to keep up now, this amount of rain is insane.
My dog was swimming in it last night.
I do have rain gutters getting installed Friday!

I see you went with concrete and tile. Same as I did. I didnt want to deal with the weeds and sagging pavers. Added cost but less hassle in the future.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Like one of the great poets once said "Oh my god, I'm back again" - The Backstreet Boys
It has been a while since I update this post because, well, there hasn't been much of an update, but finally there has been some (very slow) progress.

So I left off on the concrete deck being poured in, then fast forward 6 weeks and back on June 15th they delivered the pavers:

1595244019071.png

Jun 24th:

1595244073589.png

Jun 27:

1595244140276.png

Jul 9:

1595244177381.png
and finally it was complete with grout and everything! Jul 13th

1595244219655.png

1595244428277.png

Last friday they cleaned the inside of the pool, added the lights, etc etc ... to get it ready for plaster. Tomorrow/Wed we're planning for inspections then plaster....on day!

100% the right thing to do with the concrete subgrade for the pavers.

The extra few dollars you spend now will keep that deck level and solid.
I had never heard of this being done. How much extra is the cost on average? How thick of a layer of concrete is poured? I get a ton of weeds in my yard.

I had never heard of this being done. How much extra is the cost on average? How thick of a layer of concrete is poured? I get a ton of weeds in my yard.
Roughly $6 per foot, this changes per market pricing and per company. How deep, it depends, I needed some parts leveled off with an existing slab. So on top of the slap, they added 4", on the rest the added about 6"-7".

Reactions: usfbull
lol not here just yet, its pouring! I do have to say that the reason that this pool is taking longer than usual because @kimkats never gave me my set of links :(
I bet if she blesses me with those links the universe will conspire to get this project done! lol

• Sad
Reactions: kimkats
I do have to say that the reason that this pool is taking longer than usual because @kimkats never gave me my set of links :(
I bet if she blesses me with those links the universe will conspire to get this project done! lol
I am SO sorry!!! How in the world did that slip past me??? Well here you go!!! YOUR set of links!!!!

Plaster links:
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.
A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool

Pool care links:
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule
Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
Trouble Free Pool
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Now is also a good time to ask what test kit your PB will be providing so we can fill in any holes.

NOW your pool will get done because you are fully ready for it!!! :hug:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.