New pool build in South Florida .. finally! [Tons of pics]

jorge18

May 2, 2018
Miami, Fl
Sequestrant is to take any metal particles out of the water which can cause staining on the plaster. I’ve read that it’s more of an insurance than necessary, but for $20-$30 I think it’s worth it.

gnr5

May 28, 2019
Miami, FL
Thanks, guys, I'll get back to chemicals later this week.

Another question, we're installing the Pentair IC30 (pool is roughly 12k gallons). From the Pentair website, it says they have two systems the iChlor and the IntelliChlor. So, I was going over the equipment that we have at our house the IC30 is already installed but I noticied the power unit says "IntelliChlor power unit" on the box. Are there from two different systems? What am I getting? and will it play nice with my EasyTouch?

gnr5

May 28, 2019
Miami, FL
@Jimrahbe Can you answer the question above?

Also, the system that I have is the PSL4, I don't believe the PB will include the ScreenLogic Wireless Connector, therefore I need to buy that on my own in order to be able to use my phone right? Also, is it hard to install on my own?

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
gnr,

Both the IChlor and the IntelliChlor both use the same power supply. Your EasyTouch should be able to control your SWCG..

If I were a pool builder, I would be ashamed to install a PSL4.. The "L" stands for lite as in lite salad dressing... It has a very limited set of functions. :(

I see you have 1.5 HP VS pump.. I assume this is a Pentair SuperFlo VS.. If so, it can not be controlled by an EasyTouch, because it does not have an RS-485 connection.

ScreenLogic is often sold with the PSL4 ...

Thanks,

Jim R.

gnr5

May 28, 2019
Miami, FL
gnr,

Both the IChlor and the IntelliChlor both use the same power supply. Your EasyTouch should be able to control your SWCG..

If I were a pool builder, I would be ashamed to install a PSL4.. The "L" stands for lite as in lite salad dressing... It has a very limited set of functions. :(

I see you have 1.5 HP VS pump.. I assume this is a Pentair SuperFlo VS.. If so, it can not be controlled by an EasyTouch, because it does not have an RS-485 connection.

ScreenLogic is often sold with the PSL4 ...

Thanks,

Jim R.
Sighhhhhhhhh

Thanks for your response, I do have the SuperFlo. I'll contact the PB about it

Zaffor

Sep 27, 2019
Miami
Waiting for you to finish yours dude! Its been a month of nothing around here. Yup its almost full now lol
Your WAYY closer than I am.
Mine has about 30" of water (It was empty last Thursday). I empty it often but its hard to keep up now, this amount of rain is insane.
My dog was swimming in it last night.
I do have rain gutters getting installed Friday!

Zaffor

Sep 27, 2019
Miami
I see you went with concrete and tile. Same as I did. I didnt want to deal with the weeds and sagging pavers. Added cost but less hassle in the future.

gnr5

May 28, 2019
Miami, FL
Yea dude, it was a little bit more than what we wanted to spend, but worth it. I cannot see myself dealing with the weeds again, it was bad with my previous pavers.