New pool build in South Florida .. finally! [Tons of pics]

Thanks for all the positive comments. Still a little bummed we didn't go OB but VERY happy with the results so far. Next week is the deck, and trying to decide if we want to use artificial grass inside our property or not

Thanks for all the positive comments. Still a little bummed we didn't go OB but VERY happy with the results so far. Next week is the deck, and trying to decide if we want to use artificial grass inside our property or not

In ours we'll be doing both. Pavers for around the pool, but doing some turf where the swing set will go.

Day COVID-19: Build is on hold because the concrete sub is not working and they need to do the retainer wall before putting the deck. The kids are soo bummed, they see it as almost being done but no progress for the last two weeks.

• Sad
Reactions: kimkats
Day 51: POOL BUILDING HAS RESUMED!! Today we poured the concrete for the retainer wall and the equipment pad, equipment added tomorrow. PB is recommending for us to add concrete under the deck instead of sand, however that comes at the hefty price of $5k. Thoughts?

1587409670414.png
1587409712250.png
1587409730616.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I suggested to add a concrete slab throughout my back patio and then lay the travertine on top. My previous pavers were laid on top of sand and the bricks were caving in and had weeds (weed killer was like sugar for it).
The concrete slab is pricier, about $4k more but the paver wont cave in and none to little weeds to worry about

The base should be 6" of crushed stone and only am inch max of concrete sand only for the screed bed. Then you use polysand and theres no weeds or problems. The issue with concrete is when it eventually cracks it can show thru the decking and pop decking loose. I've never had a settlement issue and I'm in freeze country but we are very thorough and dont cut corners

I'm back, crazy last week but build continued. The equipment has been installed, for the most part. I decided to go with concrete deck, that sub is coming tomorrow to do it and then by the end of the week I should have the deck installed. On the meantime here are some photos:

This was my crazy weekend project, I dcided to run a water line under the deck that will lead to the other side of the patio where I'm planning to do a built-in-bbq in the future. In case I need a sink, this took me a long time to do and I regret not calling a plumber, but I did save some $$$. The yellow thread is where the concrete will go.
1587951769187.png
At the end of this line is where I might build the BBQ.
1587951867876.png

1587951932564.png

1587951956482.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.