New pool build in Round Rock Texas

Now just waiting on inspections tomorrow with Gunite on Tuesday. My two flat main drains were installed yesterday along with the auto-fill, light and skimmers. Pressure tested and maintaining 32psi for 2 days now.

IMG_0628.jpgIMG_0635.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Drone Shot

Attachments

• 11-4-18(sm).jpg
    11-4-18(sm).jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 310
Yep. I wanted to keep the equipment away the house so I had a nice Tuff Shed built. It will house the controls while the mechanics stay outside. Ne size to store pool chemicals and equipment. I put a motion light over the equipment and the shed is wired for outlets with lights as well. Outlet outside for "Flipper" so he doesn't feel left out. :)

ahhhhhhh but one thing I am not sure we have talked about..............the storage of muriatic acid. It cannot be stored with chlorine/bleach as they do not play well together. It also should be stored any where near metal as it's fumes can cause rust. Most TFP people will find a small, all plastic cabinet that can be locked if kids are around to keep it in. It is okay to leave it outside as it is not as "fussy" as chlorine about how it is stored.

Kim:kim:

Thanks Kim. I have been reading up on that lately and thinking of solutions. I can make a paver pad behind the shed to accommodate a plastic cabinet as you suggested. We have rain forecast later this week, so I hope they can spray gunite tomorrow. That would help with the watering of the shell. Plus with temperatures only reaching the high 70's will help to. Maybe I won't have to water as much.

Gunite finished today. Start watering tomorrow until next Tuesday. This is moving fast. PB ordered tile and coping. Should start that soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Second shot

Attachments

• IMG_0655.jpg
    IMG_0655.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_0654.jpg
    IMG_0654.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 265

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks Kim. It feels good getting that message from you :) Watered the shell this morning. We are expecting rain this afternoon and cooler temperatures so Mother Nature will be helping with the curing process. Time to refresh my knowledge of Pool School.

Pictures of tile. It's NPT - Meridian Electric 1" x 2". It's not smooth but has a wavey feel to it. Should cast different reflections along with the varied blue patterns of the tile. This will be the waterline tile as well as the entire surface of the water feature down to the ledge 18" below the water line. The paw prints I had made for me and are cobalt blue. They will be placed on the first two steps and on the corner walk out steps in the deep end. The surface I pick out is NPT QuartzScapes Super Blue with two extra bags of blue quartz added. I wanted a lighter blue water color so I'm hoping it will stay cooler in this Texas heat and I can see the bottom easier.

Attachments

• NPT - Meridian_Electric.jpg
    NPT - Meridian_Electric.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 257
  • NPT - Super Blue QuartzScapes.JPG
    NPT - Super Blue QuartzScapes.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 256
Coping and tile almost done. They didn't order enough but will be in next week. The equipment was installed but they put in the wrong valves so those will be changed out as well with Jandy. Here is a picture of the tile and coping. I did want the grout between the coping to be lighter and PB is seeing what can be done with that. Meeting set for Tuesday to discuss decking and how much I want and where I want it.

Attachments

• Waterfall tile.jpg
    Waterfall tile.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_0691.jpg
    IMG_0691.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0689.jpg
    IMG_0689.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 216
Update - Decking is framed in and waiting on inspection. Tile work is almost done-Still waiting on step markers; Jandy valves to be installed when auto-file is connected;

Attachments

• Pool1.jpg
    Pool1.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 168
  • Pool2.jpg
    Pool2.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 164
  • Pool3.jpg
    Pool3.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 163
  • Pool4.jpg
    Pool4.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 165
  • Pool5.jpg
    Pool5.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 167

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.